Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2005, 03:09 PM

grrr SO ANNOYING

Just got back from my local Pets at home with Bruno - had to nip in for dog food , and for the third time in as many months - there is a little staffie that is obvioously just let out of its house and left to roam and it heads straight for pets at home !! It just runs loose and its so irritating - its taken to the police station next door and eventually its owners turn up for it,

Its a damn shame - its a lovely staffie -really friendly -but of course I managed to cause a bit of a scene as due to Bruno and his temper !! LOL this dog running loose circles round him did not sit well and he was barking and generally making a fuss - everyone at pets at home is just letting me stand there trying to hang on to Bruno to stop him from going for the staffie - no one came to my assistance to grab the other dog - it was fighting with bruno but everyone was standing there watching me struggle. eventually I just shouted will "somebody get this dog away from me !! " They finally grabbed him and took it away.

Honestly then everyone is lookin at me like I started it !!
The dog is always loose and I feel really sorry for it - so I called the police station and they know it - its been in quite a few times and its also very thin - what else can I do though - Tracie is away at mo - but dont think they can even get involved as the owner does claim there dog - but why the heck is it loose and thin in the first place - its obvioously not well cared for IMO.

Why do some people own dogs.

dani
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2005, 03:13 PM
it makes me wonder sometimes....if you dont want to look after a dog why get one in the first place?

I always see dogs i wish i could take home and love forever!
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-07-2005, 03:26 PM
Last night some kids knocked on my door with a little red staffy bitch asking if it belonged to me, I told them no and noticed an address tag round her neck . I took a look and realised this little girl had wondered miles away from home I got one of my dog leads and put her in the car and sent off to reunited her with her owners thinking they must be franticly looking high and low for her. She was really hyper in the car obviously not use to travelling and I had to drive one handed as I held her still with the other. I at last arrived at the address only to find the people had moved and not even bothered to alter her address on her collar I knocked on a neighbours door and the women instantly reconised her, her name was Pepper. Luckily she had a phone number for them so I sat and waited an hour for them to pick her up. When they arrived they told me they hadn't even noticed she was missing

She was such a sweet little thing and got so excited to see her owners who just threw her in their car without so much as a thankyou
Cooper
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-07-2005, 04:11 PM
Dani - its so frustrating isnt it!!!! I hate it when you are obviously struggling and no one helps (buluddy PAH!!!) I had a similier situation with Cooper - it as a nightmare, people just stood and watched as he made his way out the harness, stood and watched as he ran off and stood and watched as I battled to put his harness back on - with a load of shopping bags and a dog completely spooked by the train tracks gates (crossing gates) and the chippy owner shouting coz I ran out without paying!!! there was about 20 people just watching!!!

I hope he is ok???
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2005, 04:31 PM
Bruno is fine - I called the police station where the dog was getting kept and it has been retrieved by its owners so i can only hope that I dont run in to this little one again - I just feel so sorry for it as its a right skinng wee staffy and there is no excuse for it wandering the streets by itself.

If I hadnt had Bruno with me, i woudl have taken it home and sorted something out for it as I know that this dog is always out - I must find out who owns it ,,,,
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2005, 11:26 AM
its so sad when peopl dont know how to take care of a dog ,,tyson never leaves the house not even to go into the garden with out supervision .. how can these people just let their dogs roam ..
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2005, 11:39 AM
Unbelievable both these stories - some people just shouldn't have dogs, and I soooo wish we had some sort of law that they can be taken away from irresponsible, selfish, uncaring people like these! I hate people like that, makes my blood boil.
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2005, 11:55 AM
Cant the careless owners of both dogs get a fine by the police?
Isn't there some law that says a dog cant run loose? There is here, and it seems that some pll wont get the message unless it costs them money
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

10-07-2005, 12:27 PM
I can't believe people just stood back and watched - thats happened to me a couple of times and its so annoying - but poor dog - I would be out of my mind with worry if my dogs were out loose
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2005, 03:43 PM
well if it was me and i found the dog knowing it's history of being returned repeatedly to it's owners after ending up at the police station i would lure it away and take it to dogs trust.that way the owners have to pay to get it back.it makes me hopping mad.glad you and your dog are o.k. though
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >