View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-07-2005, 03:03 PM
Yes i read about that in the papper........ such a shame for the dog and his owner.

He must be well into his old age by now, so sad
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2005, 03:07 PM
Poor dog, its about time we got rid of these stupid laws!
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-07-2005, 03:28 PM
That is a complete disgrace, this law has caused so much unecesary things to happen, ok some dogs attacked people, some had a higher reputation then others, it doesn tmean that all dogs of this breed should be branded the same.
Labs have bitten numerous people too, what next are these going to fall under the DDA laws, or i heard of a local postman of ours getting nipped by a Pomeranion, are these going to fall foul of this law too!

I am sorry, but IMO on this count the law is an utter ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Branding all breeds the same is the same as being racist, and this is unexeptable, but just because in this case the concerned are dogs, they get less priority.
The law is an ass on this count, and the DDA law needs to be reviewed and seriouslly thought on.
Awful!
Best wishes
pollaton
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-07-2005, 03:32 PM
humans get away with doing some horrendous things, but when it comes to animals they are so quickly condemned...usually as in this case for no reason. it gets me sooo mad
Vix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-07-2005, 03:35 PM
Thats awful. Poor dog. If anything it is the owners fault for not obeying this law (however ridiculous) and the dog is now the victim!!!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2005, 04:00 PM
What a horrific thing to have happened. What sort of 'judge' would sit there and condemn a dog on those grounds? A biased and uninformed one, probably. I wonder if the story would have had a different ending had there been a different judge that day.

I'm amazed and heartened and that a politician has bothered to write an article about the law, admitted he was wrong in not fighting it, condemned the law and called for it to be changed.
Dibley
Dogsey Senior
Male 

04-07-2005, 04:04 PM
Very sad story Sad we are goverened by such ridiculous laws in this country. An old lady who lives next to us has had to register her yorkshire terrier as a dangerous dog because it growled at some children who were teasing it and the parents complained

What is this world coming to...................
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2005, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by Dibley
Very sad story Sad we are goverened by such ridiculous laws in this country. An old lady who lives next to us has had to register her yorkshire terrier as a dangerous dog because it growled at some children who were teasing it and the parents complained

What is this world coming to...................

Clearly this stupid law is up for being abused by vindictive people with a grudge ...
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-07-2005, 04:58 PM
The DDA is a stupid law which was created by ill informed politicians and this case is very sad that a dog was destroyed through no fault of its own.

If a well built man murders someone with his bare hands-would they think it wise to slap a sanction on all people of this size???

Punish the deed-not the breed.
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2005, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by Steve

Punish the deed-not the breed.
Here here!!

Poor dog
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >