Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tori
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 09:24 PM

Mobile Phone

Don't know if anyone can help but i hope so.
I really need a new phone and have been looking a Blackberrys the seem really good but the thing is i really dont want to change my number because i have this number everywhere, so it means keeping the same sim card which is years old and pay as you go so the thing is do you think if i got a blackberry (dont know what model yet) i saw some sim free ones for sale, it will work with my really old PAYG Sim?
Someone said i would need a newer one to work some of the features on the phone so i dont know dont want to waste money and as i said i really need to keep this number, just now anyway.
Thanks if anyone has any advice.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-01-2011, 09:48 PM
Should just depend on your network...
Even then if you buy from carphone warehouse all the phones they sell are unlocked ...
My sim is soooo old its still branded one to one ..
The only difference i have is the amount of numbers i can store on the sim.
Ask to try it before you buy?
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 09:54 PM
Depends on network but in most cases you can keep your number , I have had the same one for over 10 yrs and managed to keep it with every phone change
Tori
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 10:06 PM
Its t-mobile if that helps
Thanks btw.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 10:09 PM
hiya
I have a tmobile sim only deal and I have an iphone that I got from my dad when he got an upgrade.

Its fab as I contacted Tmobile to see about changing my plan to include internet etc and they switched me on to the sim only deal which is a rolling contract on a monthly basis so not tied into anything and I love it !

and I love my iphone
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 10:23 PM
You shouldnt have any problems taking your number. I moved from Orange to O2 and took my number, no problem.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 05:48 AM
Baz moved from 3 to O2 with no bother, taking his number with him. In his case he just needed his PUK number from 3. They were reluctant to give it, and tried everything to make him stay, but they had p*ssed him off once too often and he just insisted.

Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2011, 10:47 AM
I've moved my number from Orange to O2 & back to Orange again with no problems,had the same number for nearly 12 years now! it can take a few days to get the PUK but is pretty straightforward.
I recently got the Blackberry torch - it's great I love it
*Lorraine*
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-01-2011, 10:50 AM
Not sure if you can have a blackberry on PAYG as it's "online" all of the time & would cost a fortune.
You can however (as has already been said) go into any Orange store & get one on contract & keep your number. They have some great deals available & you can always haggle for extras
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2011, 12:14 PM
Haven't a clue but I have a Blackberry and love it xxx Goodluck and I hope you get the phone you want xxxx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >