Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2010, 11:02 PM

Help - iPhone4

After i dont know how long, i got a shop that had iPhones in stock! I really wanted the '3' but was willing to take the "4" just to get one!!!

its fine & im really pleased with it except for one thing, it wont send photos with text messages. As im a compulsive "snapper" with the camera & "texter" i find it somewhat annoying

it gives you the choice of reducing the photo size when emailing but nothing when texting. Is there someway to reduce tbe size of the photos when taking them? If there is i havent worked that out yet!!! Tho to be fair to me, i have had it less than 24 hours

anyway any help appreciated..,.
b-eye
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-08-2010, 01:36 PM
try downloading photo shop app can edit in there and then send xx
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2010, 06:13 PM
Do you mean sending a picture message/MMS message?

If so - when you are in the message screen there is a little camera icon to the left of the typing area. If you click on this it will allow you to add a message to the text from the library or take a new photo.

Alternatively you can select a photo in the libraby and click on the symbol in the bottom left corner and that will give you the option to "MMS" the picture in a text message or an email.

I hope this helps, sorry if i've completely misunderstood what you were asking!
Azz
Administrator
Male 

25-08-2010, 08:58 PM
Further to what Esmed has said, get the 'whatsapp' app from the store for 59p, it allows you to send as many texts, pictures, videos to anyone else who has whatsapp installed on their phone too... for free!

You can even use it where you don't have a mobile signal (wifi) I love it!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2010, 11:56 PM
Hi folks, sorry didn't get back, like sound of that "app", will have a look at it. I phoned the 02 shop who gave me a number to text. It hadn't been set up for MMS. Shucks price of it too. Once I got the settings everything was ok.

Then I discovered it wouldn't switch from my broadband to 3G when away rodrom home Back to 02 shop who told me to go to settings & turn off the. Wi fi settings & it would go onto 3G automatically - hmm, it didn't

To cut long tale short, girl I work with has boyfriend in IT. She phoned him, he told her where to go on the net to get the required settings

I wouldn't have had a clue & how is the average person supposed to know how/what to do. You'd think before selling them, they would be set up fir that particular tariff.

Isn't it easy to spend a small fortune on apps. I was bad with iTouch, but lethal with the iPhone. All those wee 59p's mount up
Azz
Administrator
Male 

26-08-2010, 01:43 AM
Dunno why yours wasn't set up - mine was ok. It automatically picks up a 3G signal if I'm not in a wifi area. Are you on pay as you go or a contract? If contract I'd have thought they automatically have set it up.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2010, 05:32 AM
02 appears to be the only ones doing them on PAYG as you go & they've just started it. They did it for a while then stopped. That was another thing I had to wait for. I didn't want to pay £35 a month. So you could be right, maybe they set the contract up. Tho it's all money in the long run. I wanted to be able to pick my emails up on the move & send them too. They've better tariff deals these days for PAYG but their range of mobiles available on PAYG is still poor, in my opinion, compared to contract.

So far so good tho I find it strange that all emails - new ones coming in & sent all appear in one screen. Used to mobiles who have "in", "out", "draft" & "sent" folders. When home I find myself checking on the iTouch if a particular mail has gone to who sent it too,
rather than to myself I.e. back in my inbox!

Now does anyone know how to turn off the predictive word suggestions?