View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Harleygjc
Dogsey Junior
Male 

07-02-2010, 10:59 AM
just in case you haven't joined vermin yet have a look at the vm forums http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/.../bd-p/national still lots of people are having probs, but it doesn't mean you will.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2010, 11:57 AM
I've been with them for years, and have BB and phone line. My bill comes to under £20 per month, but I hardly ever use the phone.

Any connection problems are usually fixed pretty quickly - can't say I find them any worse than any of the others, TBH.

Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2010, 02:59 PM
I've been with Virgin Media (Telewest before etc) for around 10 years.
I've never had a problem at all!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2010, 03:21 PM
Cheers y'all!
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2010, 02:19 AM
I've been phone less since the snow thawed!! they know there's a fault but can't find it. Subsequently were in a stand off I'm not paying the bill so they've cut off my internet and phone. I never seem to get a full month without problems with them
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2010, 11:24 AM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
I've been phone less since the snow thawed!! they know there's a fault but can't find it. Subsequently were in a stand off I'm not paying the bill so they've cut off my internet and phone. I never seem to get a full month without problems with them
We had problems with our phone during the bad weather, but VM came out quickly, inspected the line into the house, checked it right back to the box at the end of the street and it was that end, thankfully or they would of had to dig up my front garden. It seems when the phone line was put in somebody had cut the wire too short and had joined it in 3 different places, with the bad weather, water got onto the lines and my telephone sounded like the maltesers ad which the woman rustles the bag down the phone... But it was fixed really quickly, so we didn't go for too long without a phone and they gave us a refund on a months line rental.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2010, 01:55 PM
Just an update. Had virgin installed today, all seems fine. BB connection gone from 1.97 MB to 9.75!!!! So fast now I cant even blink and the page is there!!
cally
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-09-2010, 06:06 PM
Just joined VM and am going to finish with them,
they have not done the installation properly at
all, have not connected my PC at all, it's connected
by a D-Link adaptor that is used to plug into a Laptop,
I don't always get connected and the damn link does'nt always work!!!, I think it's disgusting, have now rejoined
BT for phone which will be reconnected Monday, I was on
their dial-up for BB, you may laugh, but it was always
reliable, although slow, so who cares at least I could
get online.
VM are COWBOYS they don't give a toss about
customers, I'm sick of them, and I've only been with
them for 2 weeks, but 2 weeks of HELL.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2010, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by cally View Post
Just joined VM and am going to finish with them,
they have not done the installation properly at
all, have not connected my PC at all, it's connected
by a D-Link adaptor that is used to plug into a Laptop,
I don't always get connected and the damn link does'nt always work!!!, I think it's disgusting, have now rejoined
BT for phone which will be reconnected Monday, I was on
their dial-up for BB, you may laugh, but it was always
reliable, although slow, so who cares at least I could
get online.
VM are COWBOYS they don't give a toss about
customers, I'm sick of them, and I've only been with
them for 2 weeks, but 2 weeks of HELL.
WOW!! I couldnt have had a more OPPOSITE experience if I tried!

I have superb internet, usually 10 meg all the time, never under 9.7mb, the TV is super, plus we have extra free channels for a month free, the phone is fine too. Id never go back to BT, Im saving the entire rental charges per month and getting a great service.
LittleMonkies
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-09-2010, 06:19 PM
We joined VM in February and are getting sky in 3 weeks! I've never like Virgin as a company and my opinion hasn't changed. We booked a date which we had confirmed for installation then they put it back by 2 weeks because they needed a 2 man team...... We had it installed and after 4 weeks of just 4 channels we were really pleased. Until 2 days later when smoke started coming out of the reconditioned router....They replaced it within a few days with a brand new one. We haven;t had any major problems with them since, other than a very high phone bill when we forget not to use it (we resent paying more money just to get cheaper calls, I'll use the free mins on my mobile thanks) the only times we've had real problems is when we've needed to contact customer services. To say they've been hard to deal with is an understatement. We have the medium tv package which is the bottom one, broadband and telephone. We started to get fedup at the limited choice of channels, it's not much more than you get with freeview and we looked at upgrading but found that for not much more money we could go back to sky, get a free (not £75) HD box, sky plus, tons more channels and sky sports for the hubby as well as free calls to landline numbers all day every day.
No contest as far as I'm concerned and Virgin will remain a company to be avoided!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >