Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2010, 04:15 PM

Virgin Media. TV/Broadband package.

Does any one use this? Your thoughts? Ive been quoted £29 per month, for TV, broadband and phone line, free weekend calls, first two months £11.
Harleygjc
Dogsey Junior
Male 

25-01-2010, 04:28 PM
I'm on the BB service and tbh over the years they have gotten worse! slow speeds random disconnects for some people, and if your a online gamer then forget it! they have a bad rep for it and I myself complained for over a year and got told it was my fault when it was theirs.

On the other hand, I've had very little problem BB wise other than online gaming, although I do get slow speeds now and then. From what I've read in the forums some new customers are having problem receiving their starter routers, and the only other problem is virmin ( as they are known as!) have terrible customer support! last time I tried to use em I ended up slamming the phone down.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2010, 04:30 PM
Originally Posted by Harleygjc View Post
I'm on the BB service and tbh over the years they have gotten worse! slow speeds random disconnects for some people, and if your a online gamer then forget it! they have a bad rep for it and I myself complained for over a year and got told it was my fault when it was theirs.

On the other hand, I've had very little problem BB wise other than online gaming, although I do get slow speeds now and then. From what I've read in the forums some new customers are having problem receiving their starter routers, and the only other problem is virmin ( as they are known as!) have terrible customer support! last time I tried to use em I ended up slamming the phone down.
Thanks.

I dont do any online gaming, and my maximum BB speed at present is usually under 2mb. I havent had much problem with it, but Sky is costing £22.50 per month, BB £10 per month and thats without the BT line and calls.
Petstalk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2010, 05:09 PM
If happy with service and just cost, Try talking with retentions at Sky, they do have special deals available to keep existing customers.

I only need broadband with unimited calls, have had a retentions deal with my provider. including landline £17.50 per month.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2010, 06:14 PM
That sounds like a good deal. I`m on the cheapest - I pay under £20 for phone & broadband and get the freeview free via cable. And the phone`s call barred!
I agree it`s always worth haggling BTW. When I saw Virgin were giving an offer to new customers I phoned them and said I was going to leave and rejoin to get the offer - so they just gave me the offer.
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-01-2010, 07:10 PM
We are with virgin media and have the XL package, we have TV, Phone and broadband all as a package and have had no problems with it, if needed any advice they were very helpful, think we pay about the same £29
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2010, 11:08 PM
Thanking all of you very much.
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-01-2010, 09:41 AM
Originally Posted by kobebear View Post
We are with virgin media and have the XL package, we have TV, Phone and broadband all as a package and have had no problems with it, if needed any advice they were very helpful, think we pay about the same £29
I'm the same - been with them for about 8 years and had no trouble (apart from the net going down for about an hour a few weeks ago). I play mariokart online on the wii at the same time as OH is upstairs on the net and don't have any problems.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2010, 10:49 AM
Sorry this is a bit late, but we've been with VM for around 15 years (Telewest it was called) we have TV/Telephone and 20MB internet and have to say very rarely have we had any problems, and if we did it's fixed pretty quickly.

So no complaints here.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2010, 06:05 PM
Cheers CC, still havent "made the call" but will do shortly, your post has helped.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >