Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2009, 06:54 PM

Who would like to adopt Monty.....

Monty and I have probably had our worst day together since he came home today and i've threatened him with the dog home on several occasions.

As most of you know we're having a nice new veggie patch put in. Well today the OH let him have the run of the garden whilst he went for another trailer load of top soil knowing Monty would only be out there 20 minutes and then i'd be home for lunch.

I came home to find all my potato containers spread over the decking and the pot of soil that i had just planted sunflower seeds in also spread. I look around for the dog to find him in my vegetable patch - fortunately no plants in there yet - digging away. This was the first time I hit the roof and yelled at him and then made him sit by the back door until he was told to move. ROUND ONE!

I came home from work to find a whole loaf of bread shredding across the kitchen floor - OH does not tidy as well as me!! I let this one go as i was not at the scene of the crime when it happened so unfair to yell at him. Did not speak to him or breathe a word whilst cleaning it all up.

Then whilst tidying the kitchen i glance out into the garden to find him in my veggie patch again so I yell at him, chase him out and make him sit in the corner by the back door until told to move. ROUND TWO

We have a moment of forgiveness and bury the hatchet and I return to the kitchen to do the washing up. I glance outside again and what do i see? Oh yes, there's Monty in my veggie patch AGAIN! I'm furious at this point so i think i'll creep out and catch him unaware and give him the rollicking of his life. He is consequently dragged to his basket, told to lie down and to not move. ROUND THREE.

It's now been around 40 minutes and he hasn't dared move from his basket and is still sat there looking like this:

Sad isn't it?!? How long do you think I should give him the cold shoulder for?? He does look like he's very sorry.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2009, 07:02 PM
Me, me, me, I'll have him and you won't have far to bring him!!!!
What a dog he is, love him!!
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-04-2009, 07:24 PM
Noooo, give him to me!! naughty boy Monty, good job I don't have a veggie patch!
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2009, 07:29 PM
He's seen Missy in the barrow and was only trying to get a cute pose on for you! I think you ought to give that poor boy a big hug - or send him down to me
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2009, 07:37 PM
Awwww bless his soal! Look at that face lol
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2009, 07:41 PM
Look you lot I asked first
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2009, 07:46 PM
Oh Boy he'd have a field day with me over the allotments
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2009, 07:49 PM
He obviously decided during his sulk that he needed to go out for a wee and crept on his stomach across the floor past me to go out, it was so funny so I gave in and forgave him!!

Nippy, the minute it happens again i'm on my way and he's all yours!! Mo won't know what's hit her!!
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2009, 07:54 PM
he looks so sad mom there is no way he meant it ,it just happened ,give him a cuddle
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2009, 07:58 PM
I think I could forgive that face anything, you might find his holes handy for planting spuds
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >