View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Aligord
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-10-2009, 08:14 PM
Can I just also say that there are other organisations that need puppy walkers too - The Seeing Dogs Alliance (if you are wanting for some reason to specifically help blind people), Hearing Dogs, Canine Partners for Independence, Dogs for the Disabled etc etc.

I know tradtionally it is Guide Dogs (as in Guide Dogs for the Blind) who have had most puppy walkers, but with all the other organisations up and coming and needing the help there are many avenues.

Also, some organisations use smaller dogs which are more suited to some people's preferences/houses/lives (like hearing dogs).

Just my 2p's worth on the situation.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2009, 02:33 PM
Some police forces also need puppy walkers

I hope your new guide dog pup will be a GSD, as Ramble kept promising me she was hoping to get one eventually but never delivered the goods LOL Ramble

Best of luck with your puppy walking. I admire anyone who can raise a pup for 12 months and then hand it over. I definitely couldn't do it.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2009, 04:35 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Some police forces also need puppy walkers

I hope your new guide dog pup will be a GSD, as Ramble kept promising me she was hoping to get one eventually but never delivered the goods LOL Ramble

Best of luck with your puppy walking. I admire anyone who can raise a pup for 12 months and then hand it over. I definitely couldn't do it.
I know...we had the GSD crosses though...
fluffybland
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-10-2009, 07:08 PM
I've requested a GSD as my next pup, but my OH met a puppywalker today who's walked 24 pups, including alot of GSD's and he now doesn't want me to do a GSD as this chap said they were such hard work!! (he likes a quiet life! )
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2009, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by fluffybland View Post
I've requested a GSD as my next pup, but my OH met a puppywalker today who's walked 24 pups, including alot of GSD's and he now doesn't want me to do a GSD as this chap said they were such hard work!! (he likes a quiet life! )
A quiet life.....

Floyd and Cosmo.....two of the things that ensure our lives will never be quiet!!!
I reckon a GSD will be a breeze!!!!
fluffybland
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-10-2009, 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Floyd and Cosmo.....two of the things that ensure our lives will never be quiet!!!
I reckon a GSD will be a breeze!!!!
yeah thats what i thought!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2