View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2008, 02:36 PM
sorry but i missed this, been away camping for a bit with the doggies....sorry you have been having such a rough time of it and glad things seem to be settling down for you.

I have no experience with dogs and seizures but My mum was terminally ill and one of the side affects was major seizures, i know how frightening they can be and spent many a time on the floor slowly talking for her to come round again The only thing i will say is - she never knew what was happening to her, for which i was very grateful for. She was always exhausted after. We would discuss what went on and she didn't have a clue even when she had hurt herself or had a mild one and continued to try and hold a conversation through it. Medication for her did improve her seizures immensly.

My fingers are crossed for you both x
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2008, 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by Sez & Amber View Post
I'm so pleased she is doing okay.

The storm was noisy, wasn't it! I woke up to find my boyfriend and Amber watching it through the bedroom window. I had been expecting Amber's first real storm to give her a fright, but she seemed very interested in where the noise and light was coming from, and fell asleep on my toes again as soon as it quietened down.

I hope Cassie continues to do well, and fingers crossed she can come off the medication after her next lot of tests.
It certainly was wild. Felt like it was right above the roof. Glad Amber was ok with her first storm. Fingers crossed we can take Cassie off the meds soon but if not then at least she appears to be stable on them Thanks xx

Originally Posted by shiba View Post
sorry but i missed this, been away camping for a bit with the doggies....sorry you have been having such a rough time of it and glad things seem to be settling down for you.

I have no experience with dogs and seizures but My mum was terminally ill and one of the side affects was major seizures, i know how frightening they can be and spent many a time on the floor slowly talking for her to come round again The only thing i will say is - she never knew what was happening to her, for which i was very grateful for. She was always exhausted after. We would discuss what went on and she didn't have a clue even when she had hurt herself or had a mild one and continued to try and hold a conversation through it. Medication for her did improve her seizures immensly.

My fingers are crossed for you both x
Thanks for that. It must have been horrific for you with your mum too. They are certainly scary things to witness whether it be human or canine. I never want to have to see another one as I'm sure you don't. xxxx
Page 22 of 22 « First < 12 19 20 21 22