View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2008, 08:28 PM
poor dave, you cant do much under the circumstances, he's having a bad week. When I went to scotland a few weeks ago the traffic came to a screeching halt (A1) we started moving very slowly and a man was dragging what I thought was probably a deer (it was red) by the shoulder, I couldn't see the head, but when he threw it down on the verge and its head rolled back it was a beautiful boxer dog, I cried, and then I thought what if it was just unconsious, but I know it was dead, theres not a lot you can do is there You can't beat yourself up over what you have no control over. Cats are independent and will do what they do, lets just hope it enjoyed life to the full.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2008, 08:29 PM
If Dave thinks it was fitting, it probably wasnt. It had probably been hit and died instantly, he most likely saw the reflexes twitching after it had died. I have seen this happen myself, tell Dave, Im fairly sure that Cat would of been hit and not suffered but died instantly.
Dawn.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2008, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
poor dave, you cant do much under the circumstances, he's having a bad week. When I went to scotland a few weeks ago the traffic came to a screeching halt (A1) we started moving very slowly and a man was dragging what I thought was probably a deer (it was red) by the shoulder, I couldn't see the head, but when he threw it down on the verge and its head rolled back it was a beautiful boxer dog, I cried, and then I thought what if it was just unconsious, but I know it was dead, theres not a lot you can do is there You can't beat yourself up over what you have no control over. Cats are independent and will do what they do, lets just hope it enjoyed life to the full.
thats awful - i would have sobbed my eyes out - just a thought but there is currently a red boxer bitch on dogslost who is missing from aberdeen ( but suspected taken in car) and i wonder whether you could post on there where this was and report it as you never know it might help somebody who is desperately wondering what happened to their dog ...
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2008, 08:45 PM
I looked on dog lost when I got home but didn't see anything I thought might match, I wasn't sure where it was but noticed a tractor/farm implement dealership to the east of the road, it could have jumped out of a window or escaped from a nearby estate, its unlikely the gentleman who removed it from the road knew it or he wouldn't have left it there surely.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2008, 08:48 PM
I looked on dog lost when I got home but didn't see anything I thought might match, I wasn't sure where it was but noticed a tractor/farm implement dealership to the east of the road, it could have jumped out of a window or escaped from a nearby estate, its unlikely the gentleman who removed it from the road knew it or he wouldn't have left it there surely.
its a couple of pages back but she is listed as still missing - any ideas which towns you were close to ? or between - i might be able to narrow it down
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2008, 09:05 PM
I travelled on the 11th April and it could have been near Nottingham but I can't be sure, its a long road. The only thing that could pinpoint it was the farm implement dealership, but I don't know what it was called and it was just prior to seeing the dog being removed. I did notice an estate to the east in the distance.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2008, 09:12 PM
I travelled on the 11th April and it could have been near Nottingham but I can't be sure, its a long road. The only thing that could pinpoint it was the farm implement dealership, but I don't know what it was called and it was just prior to seeing the dog being removed. I did notice an estate to the east in the distance.
sorry I thought you meant it was in scotland that you saw it !! the boxer was in scotland - far north too so probably unlikely that it was same one huh ??... unless someone had chucked it out of a car.

it makes me so sad for the owners of these dogs that just dont have closure ....
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2008, 09:16 PM
I know I just think how I would feel, it looked to be in good condition beautiful black mask, I hope the owners found out where it was, I know that even if you microchip when they collect the casualties they don't check if they are microchipped. They really should.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2008, 05:52 AM
(((Hugs to Dave))).....better not let Pat see this post, as he drives and anything like that I go nuts over........Pat trys hard to say 'But I cann't stop with the traffic' or when we are going to Mom's in Lincoln I see wild animals hurt 'Pat's saying I cann't just pull up here'. ......so I know how Dave feels. I'm sure he wouldn't of been able to do anything for it anyway. So sorry
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2