Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2008, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
However..the garage near our stables was charging £2.00 a litre today!!!!!!!!!!!! cheek!!
Disgraceful, I would boycott them when everything goes back to normal and all the garages are open again.

Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
I have to say though, one of the benefits of being a Nurse is priority at the petrol pumps!
Lol, in the last petrol strike my Dad was able to get petrol after the pumps went to reserve supplies for emergencies as he is an Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgeon. He said it was really eerie filling up that evening, no-one else was there because the normal supplies had run out and they had a police guard at the forecourt.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2008, 06:18 PM
People should stand up for their rights, they pay into these schemes in good faith, big business are quick to ride rough shod over their workers in the name of profit for the share holders.

The media don't help by scaremongering re-petrol shortages, here in Hampshire the local Morrisons had huge queues yesterday they had to have extra staff directing the cars, its mad!! I needed petrol having been to Malvern and back the day before, I went to my local petrol station after work local all seemed to be normal but the chap in the shop looked very glum, I didn't like to ask him if he had been busy!
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-04-2008, 11:18 PM
I drove past the refinery yesterday on my way to Bo'Ness so I stopped for a chat with the lads on picket duty.
They were all in good spirits and looking forward to starting back today, they'd made their point.

I was correct about the Grangemouth dockers refusing to allow foreign oil in via tankers that Ineos was prepared to charter, however Aberdeen dockers allowed one in, (shame on them) the news item said it was off-loading thousands of tons of fuel, what a load of rubbish I've seen bigger tugboats in Grangemouth docks, it was only a light coastal tanker.

Anyways, since the lads started back today the Grangemouth dockers will allow tankers to dock and help stop a fuel supply shortage because it may take a week to get the refinery back on-line.

The owner of Ineos was talking live on TV outside the refinery gates on Monday, he looked and talked very nervously and I also thought he was embarrassed about the whole sorry affair.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3