Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2010, 07:59 PM

iPad, 64gb

I'm using one right now, not that Im an Apple fan, but this ia FAB!!! I can see Laptops obsolite!! it's so easy to use, great to type with, lovely to handle, yep, I WANT ONE!!!!

Any one else got one?
ruthshaw9
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-07-2010, 08:01 PM
I haven't got one and I've never used one but......... I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2010, 08:05 PM
I can also see the appeal - it does look quite fab - I wasnt an apple fan until i got my iphone and I love that !!!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2010, 08:10 PM
Looks great! I was thinking that too about lappys Dawn when I saw it.

I was never an apple fan either but when I upgrade my mob at the end of it's contract (dec) I will be getting the iphone and I wish I chose that last time round rather than the one I have now (w995) but I was drawn in by the 8mp camera on this one, which is canny in good light, but overall isn't all that grand tbh.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2010, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
Looks great! I was thinking that too about lappys Dawn when I saw it.

I was never an apple fan either but when I upgrade my mob at the end of it's contract (dec) I will be getting the iphone and I wish I chose that last time round rather than the one I have now (w995) but I was drawn in by the 8mp camera on this one, which is canny in good light, but overall isn't all that grand tbh.
It really is lovely to handle. It's my brother in laws, he has the iPhone 4 too which looks nice too. I bought a Samsung wave the other day and Im chuffed with it, really like it.
Deedee1321
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-07-2010, 08:27 PM
I also wasn't much of an Apple fan until I got an iPhone. Got the iPhone 4 now and love it. Would love an iPad but there's a couple of things I'd like to see them add to it first like flash player and a USB port.

Dee
Azz
Administrator
Male 

03-07-2010, 08:32 PM
I wanted one, but they don't support flash (and have no plans to) and so until another video format becomes widely used (which won't happen for a few years I guess) I won't be getting one.

I'd be more interested in the iPhone 4 at the mo - it has a built in camera, built in phone, all the same apps and is more portable - bout the same price too. But even that doesn't have flash support in it's browser...

I do like them tho - just it isn't quite there for me yet.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2010, 09:05 PM
Well I wouldn't be too concerned about the flash thing as Id use it as a web browser in the main, like my laptop. I just like how it feels, how it handles and how I can use it easily with not being "apple" minded.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

03-07-2010, 09:55 PM
Flash is part of the web almost every site uses it to display video, like the news videos on the BBC, Sky, iPlayer etc

Also, a lot of websites use flash for 'effects' on menus etc, some sites are made entirely of flash (tho not so many these days).

There will be lots of tablet devices out this year - might be worth hanging on a tick if internet is what you are going to use it for most. Shame they didn't add flash - I'd have bought one if they did!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2010, 12:32 AM
Having probs with my knees I wanted a netbook [lighter] for sooooo long and eventually got one and think they are fantastic.

Having seen the iPad, ah now, I would really like it too

I have an iTouch and its brilliant - however it annoys me as the keys are so tiny - my background is secretarial typing and typing with one finger is a bit frustrating

My brother keeps telling me to get an iPhone but think I would rather have an iPad