View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2010, 02:21 PM
I can't even be bothered to reply to you again today JB to be honest!..I clearly cant explain myself well enough for you to understand, and im not repeating myself anymore.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-07-2010, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
I can't even be bothered to reply to you again today JB to be honest!..I clearly cant explain myself well enough for you to understand, and im not repeating myself anymore.
Thats OK, I understand, fully your take on the subject
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2010, 03:39 PM
The question for me 'Is why have foxes moved into Towns in the first place?'
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2010, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
No expert, but I would guess it has to do with the amount of food that humans waste and insist on leaving lying around. The same reason why seagulls dont have to go to sea anymore......waste chicken is now their main food apparently

We humans can do whatever we want, live unnaturally and generally ruin this earth and when animals behave out of character, do we treat it like something out of the ordinary and maybe try to adapt what we do?........ nah kill them all

Rant over
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2010, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
No expert, but I would guess it has to do with the amount of food that humans waste and insist on leaving lying around. The same reason why seagulls dont have to go to sea anymore......waste chicken is now their main food apparently

We humans can do whatever we want, live unnaturally and generally ruin this earth and when animals behave out of character, do we treat it like something out of the ordinary and maybe try to adapt what we do?........ nah kill them all

Rant over
My sentiments are very similar, on this matter.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2010, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
Because they are opportunistic feeders and people encourage it too! Without regulatory control of numbers in towns, they quickly multiply and in effect make things worse for themselves, but they are Foxes, its up to us to maintain a correct level.

The more there are, the more problems we will see.
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-07-2010, 08:47 PM
It won't let me quote but the response to my post where I stated about foxes being frenzied killers being dismissed? Oh dear! Of course they are, they enter a sheer state of frenzy with very little cause..in many instances noises or sudden movements, and once they've started they generally do not stop. Seen a thousand times over, in action and the after affects, and to me its more than pheasable for that to be the explanation behind this sort of attack.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2010, 09:14 AM
Did any watch that documentry thing yesterday, I think it was called Urban Fox attack, it was about how people are dealing with Foxes, there was also a pest controller on there, a man from the 'fox project' I think it was called, and a man who helped Foxes when they were injured.

The pest controller said one night at one location he dispatched over 20 Foxes (can't remember the exact number), but that is not normal for so many Foxes to be in one area, he also said that he had heard of other children being bitten by Foxes in their beds, they had some old footage of urban foxes in houses, one Fox got onto the bed.

The Fox project man was saying that the people who had chickens (who lost a load one night, the man then went to get some more, in the end he had 10 chickens then a Fox got in and killed the lot and only took one away) but he was saying that there is nothing that they can do, the Foxes know where chickens and rabbits etc are kept and will be waiting for the oppurtunity to strike, there was also some commentating saying that of the people who call them only 20% are calling asking for advice on how to deal with Foxes, the other 80% are asking what to feed them to encourage them to stay around

The welfare man I thought was abit strange, he was cuddling a Fox that he was going to release in his arms, and told the camera man to stroke her as she wouldn't bite, and the camera man did stroke her, after having all of this human attention he released her that night.

So who is most at fault, the people feeding them, the people who are interacting with the Foxes, or the people trying to keep them away? I believe that humans made this mess, and its up to humans to sort it out.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2010, 12:30 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
Did any watch that documentry thing yesterday, I think it was called Urban Fox attack, it was about how people are dealing with Foxes, there was also a pest controller on there, a man from the 'fox project' I think it was called, and a man who helped Foxes when they were injured.

The pest controller said one night at one location he dispatched over 20 Foxes (can't remember the exact number), but that is not normal for so many Foxes to be in one area, he also said that he had heard of other children being bitten by Foxes in their beds, they had some old footage of urban foxes in houses, one Fox got onto the bed.

The Fox project man was saying that the people who had chickens (who lost a load one night, the man then went to get some more, in the end he had 10 chickens then a Fox got in and killed the lot and only took one away) but he was saying that there is nothing that they can do, the Foxes know where chickens and rabbits etc are kept and will be waiting for the oppurtunity to strike, there was also some commentating saying that of the people who call them only 20% are calling asking for advice on how to deal with Foxes, the other 80% are asking what to feed them to encourage them to stay around

The welfare man I thought was abit strange, he was cuddling a Fox that he was going to release in his arms, and told the camera man to stroke her as she wouldn't bite, and the camera man did stroke her, after having all of this human attention he released her that night.

So who is most at fault, the people feeding them, the people who are interacting with the Foxes, or the people trying to keep them away? I believe that humans made this mess, and its up to humans to sort it out.
Yes I saw it. The Foxes that were shot were down instantly, superb marksman.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2010, 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post

Rant over
My sentiments exactly

And I am not an absolute knumbskull, but for me, something about this whole story just does not sit right with me.

Same with Maddy Mccan, neither did any of that add up right for me.

JMO and my 'gut feeling', not saying it was or was not a fox because I DON'T KNOW, I wasn't there, and nor was ANY SINGLE PERSON here, so NO ONE can say that it WAS or WAS NOT without a shadow of a doubt, only what they PERSONALLY feel is likely.

And as with Maddy Mccan, the truth is left for 'joe public' to speculate, because it makes news, and sells papers, the fact there was even a programme on it, I feel, is ridiculous. My concern is primarily for those 2 baby girls, they are the true victims in all this.

JMHO
Page 8 of 13 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »