View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
k_azu
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-06-2013, 04:31 PM
Jackbox, Lithuanian kennels are members of FCI. Well if it would be a dog with a pedigree she still would be able to show it but I'm worried about the fact that she sold the puppy without any export pedigree which might mean the dog doesn't have one...I know that OP doesn't mind if the dog is not purebred, but this may mean there could be more health problems to come.
Also, I can't understand how the woman who sold the dog can say that it was "fine" when he lived with her. Clearly it was not "fine" if you already then noticed something... I hate people who sell ill dogs and don't take the responsibility!
Sara1210
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2013, 08:31 PM
I don't understand why a breeder would bring over a non kc dog either, but originally when I found the ad for her she said the dog was her son's and he couldn't keep her it was only when I got there that she said she breeds and shows frenchies herself. I see 5 adults and 2 puppies just while I was there but I didn't know demi was imported until I got home and went through her paperwork. I know that makes me sound thick for not asking but I knew nothing about dogs being imported until then. I'm now wondering if she was imported over and the paperwork kept because she's now advertising a litter of pied puppies. I don't know like I said I'm not on here to slate people. I don't know the full story I only know Demi's story from the day I got her and all that's important to me right now is getting her better.

Jackie I'll go easy on the coconut oil and try the yoghurt.

Thanks everyone for your help and k_azu if you figure anything out it would be much appreciated. Thank you
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2013, 08:35 PM
You have her now, she's in safe hands
Sara1210
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2013, 09:45 PM
Thanks Eileen it means a lot right now.

I'm going to ring the vets first thing in the morning and kick off cause she really is suffering now, she feels hot, and she is red all over. I've just give her a bath to try and calm it down so she can get some sleep but I'm not happy with the vet I think this is ridiculous, I understand I made a big mistake with the food but right now this isn't about the allergy this is about her being sore and her symptoms are getting worse. So tomorrow morning I'm ringing the vet and I think I'm going to ask to see a different vet as well.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2013, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by Sara1210 View Post

I'm going to ring the vets first thing in the morning and kick off cause she really is suffering now, she feels hot, and she is red all over. I've just give her a bath to try and calm it down so she can get some sleep but I'm not happy with the vet I think this is ridiculous, I understand I made a big mistake with the food but right now this isn't about the allergy this is about her being sore and her symptoms are getting worse. So tomorrow morning I'm ringing the vet and I think I'm going to ask to see a different vet as well.
Good for you!! Looking forward to an update tomorrow,to let us know you both feel better (((hugs))))
k_azu
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-06-2013, 01:59 AM
Right, sooo... unfortunately the woman who's name is in your puppy's passport is not a reputable breeder (I know this as I have asked other breeders and since this country is small and breeder network is tiny it's pretty easy to know...) So without knowing who the parents are there is no way in finding out more about this mysterious allergy.. On the bright side I received a suggestion (not for me, but you) to try this food http://www.monsterpetsupplies.co.uk/...-dog-food.aspx
apparently it helps reducing the symptoms. The only thing is that you can't feed it longer than 2 months. But I think that if you decide not to go for raw food just yet this might be a good choice for a couple of months (if it helps) and then start looking for a safe and healthy choice of food for your little darling in the mean time i wish you and your little one good luck and hope she feels better soon
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2013, 02:46 AM
From personal experience i would suggest you ask / tell your vet you want allergy testing carried out. At present everyone is 'guessing' what the problem may be but no one knows. If your vet is mot willing to do the tests, ask (tell him or her) that they refer you on to a Veterinary Detmatologist. One way or another you need to get to the root of this pups problems

When the results come back they list everything in the animals environment & foodstuff with a result beside each one. From that you can then with the Vet/ Dermatologists input work out a suitable diet/management plan

Fish diets are the least ones to cause allergies however some animals can be allergic to fish. I have one that is allergic to - chicken, turkey, lamb, beef (very highly so), pork & fish, rice, corn etc etc. Doesnt leave much does it. The protein in the food has to be specifically treated with anything likely to cause allergens drawn out of it by special process. The animal in question is also allergic to grasses, specific trees, shrubs, plants, housedust mites, storage mites - a lot of things. However we have been able with careful management & specific diet to reduce the symptoms so that she is comfortable and no longer making herself bleed

My advice to you & your vet is - stop guessing, do the allergy testing. You wont regret it, I certainly didnt. You can then plan your life around what needs to be done to help your pup
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-06-2013, 07:16 AM
Originally Posted by Sara1210 View Post

I agree, of course you need to find the reasons behind this, but for now she needs to be comfortable, and if all your vet is prescribing is piriton, then I am sorry, I would be doing as you say ... See another vet !
Sara1210
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2013, 10:12 AM
Thanks again everyone.

We have been down to see a different vet this morning she agrees that she can't carry on how she is, the piriton is doing nothing. The vet now feels that it's still a food allergy but because the allergy has attacked her immune system she thinks she may have demedex so I'm taking her back at 12 to have skin scrapes done and also I've told the vet I want some steroids for her cause it's not fair for her to suffer while we're finding out what's causing it. The orijen I ordered is coming today as well so hopefully in the next couple of days we may see an improvement in her, poor little thing looks so sore.

Thank you to everyone for your help
SayNoToImports
New Member!
Male 

15-04-2015, 08:14 PM
Sorry to dig up an old thread. Sara1210, can you tell me what name was in the passport you were given?

Thank You
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >