Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kingbenny
Dogsey Senior
Male 

29-06-2010, 08:44 AM

Can anyone rehome this dog today??

Hi Guys,

I don't know if this is the right forum for this but I have a [System edit: Contains pet groups] friend who is going to have to put down their rotti/alsatian cross tomorrow morning if they can't rehome him. His name is Salo.Sadly I'm not in the position to help but the dog is a 5 year old male and is not getting on with the new baby. He has a good temperament but is not good with cats. They have asked around dogs home but none will take him in apparently so they have decided he will have to be destroyed if he can't be rehomed today. I've only just heard this today so I'm asking if you guys know anyone who would be willing to rehome him or know a rescue in the area that could offer him a reprieve. I'd hate to see a well balanced healthy dog put to sleep for no good reason.

Nottingham area.

I can pass on any numbers or get the owners number if anyone is interested!

Mike

Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2010, 08:49 AM
I hope he gets somewhere, with respect though - how badly can he not be getting on with the new baby if they are putting him to sleep??

Can they not ensure he is seperated via baby gates etc until they can get him a placement somewhere.n Just seems a bit over dramatic that they go straight to PTS...
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2010, 08:59 AM
No vet will put a healthy dog to sleep...will they ?
They really owe it to him to try ...
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2010, 09:00 AM
so sad looks a handsome fella ... sorry i cant help

can i please ask... what has he done to deserve a death sentance?
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2010, 09:01 AM
Originally Posted by inkliveeva View Post
sadly I think they would
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-06-2010, 09:03 AM
Yes, some will
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2010, 09:03 AM
Originally Posted by Emma View Post
sadly I think they would
I really hope they can find it in their hearts to at least have this boy till he can be fostered or re homed , he looks a lovely lad x
kingbenny
Dogsey Senior
Male 

29-06-2010, 09:07 AM
I agree one hundred percent, the whole thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth and it isn't something I support. My view is that you don't put a healthy dog to sleep full stop. Having said that, my only concern right now is that this dog gets a chance to find a home no matter what I think of the owners decision. I knew these forums would give this dog a slightly higher chance of that.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2010, 09:12 AM
Originally Posted by kingbenny View Post
I agree one hundred percent, the whole thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth and it isn't something I support. My view is that you don't put a healthy dog to sleep full stop. Having said that, my only concern right now is that this dog gets a chance to find a home no matter what I think of the owners decision. I knew these forums would give this dog a slightly higher chance of that.
a rescue somewhere would take him...just look at the pic with his belly being rubbed..are they just not really trying? as a little effort may be involved?

.. id strike em of your 'friends' list dispicable that they can do that after seeing the pic
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2010, 09:12 AM
I really hope they can find it in their hearts to at least have this boy till he can be fostered or re homed , he looks a lovely lad x
I hope so too

Originally Posted by kingbenny View Post
It is just it is such a small space of time for anyone to try and help. I think what you are trying to do is great
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >