Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Springador
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-06-2009, 02:48 PM

Agility Footwear

What shoes do you wear for agility, I need to get some but with so many styles etc dont know what to get.

I really like the Dita pink performer ones but not sure if pink is very practical.
EnR
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-06-2009, 04:38 PM
INOV8 are great and there are lots of different 'models' which are for different terrains. I think their website tells you which ones are best for wet grass/dry grass/gravel etc. I wear mine for walking the dogs in the Summer, too, or when it's dry so spend alot of time in them.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2009, 05:09 PM
I had Dita studded white ones....worked very well when i remembered to wear them!
EnR
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-06-2009, 05:12 PM
If you wear studs on grass you can do serious damage to your knee joint when you turn and the studs stick in the grass, so your foot stays where it is and your knee doesn't! A podiatrist advised me not to wear hockey shoes because she had seen lots of injuries from people who compete at agility.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2009, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by EnR View Post
If you wear studs on grass you can do serious damage to your knee joint when you turn and the studs stick in the grass, so your foot stays where it is and your knee doesn't! A podiatrist advised me not to wear hockey shoes because she had seen lots of injuries from people who compete at agility.
I think the Dita studs were ok - they are (or were) not fixed studs and had quite a lot of give..
No idea if that makes a differece - but after twistng my knee slipping wearing standard trainers I would always wear studs when I was running now.
TBBS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2009, 06:33 PM
I have Dita's they are hockey shoes, they have lots of little rubber studs, so don't stick in the ground like soccer boot studs, but give you more grip if it's a bit wet and slippery, I've had them about 2 years now and need a new pair.
Bonwillan
Dogsey Junior
Male 

18-06-2009, 09:41 PM
Inov8 are what I wear. Very light and comfortable, they give excellent grip in the wet and mud and are very grippy and flexible on firm dry grass as well.