Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wanda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-08-2008, 06:50 PM

Another Minnie scare

Had another scare with Minnie. She was getting on a treat with the medication she was on, breathing back to normal and no more coughing, and going on walks again. Then on Saturday morning she got up and rushed outside and had a very runny poo. She wanted, and ate, her breakfast, but threw that up a couple of hours later. She was fine then until late afternoon, when she started being sick on a regular basis, mostly bright yellow bile. She kept wanting to drink, but couldn't keep that down either. She kept this up all night, so Sunday morning, about 8.00 a.m. I rang the vet. By this time Minnies belly was quite swollen, and she was very miserable and uncomfortable. The vet took bloods and did tests there and then, because we both thought "liver!" She threw up twice at the vets. The bloods came back and, thank goodness, were not as bad as we expected. Some things were raised, but only just above normal. Vet thinks the medication she is on has irritated her liver. She gave Minnie an injection to stop the vomiting, and some rehydrating stuff, as she was de-hydrated, which is bright pink, which I had to syringe down her throat every hour. All her medication was stopped. She was very poorly all Sunday, but no more vomiting. She seems much brighter today, tummy has gone down, and she is eager to eat. I have given her some poached chicken (just a spoonful) at lunchtime, and she kept that down, so she got a spoonful of chicken and a spoonful of rice for her tea, which, so far she has managed to keep down. She keeps asking for more, so hopefully she will continue to improve.

I managed to speak to the senior vet today, who has been looking after Minnie with her heart problems, and he wants her back on medication like now! So I am gradually re-introducing her medication over the next 36 hours, and we are going to see senior vet on Wednesday morning, or earlier if she goes down again.

It's turning into a real roller coaster for poor Minnie and to be quite honest I don't know how much more her poor tiny body is going to be able to take.

Fingers crossed!!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2008, 06:54 PM
Aaw Wanda poor you and poor Minnie A very worrying time for you.
I hope Minnie continues to improve and that things start to look up.
Thinking of you both xx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2008, 09:17 PM
Sending healing vibes from all of us. It is hard when you see them poorly isn't it.
Hope she gets a little better soon
Gentle (((((((hugs))))) from us
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2008, 09:36 PM
She has been through the mill but all the healing thoughts here will help I'm sure.

Get well soon Minnie

Healing thoughts coming through now