Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

01-01-2011, 04:23 PM

Wheelie Bin Collection

Yippee

After the snow in November the Council have finally managed to get up our road to empty the wheelie bins

Good job they allowed collection of 'loose' bin bags.

Joking aside - it's only when you go 5 or 6 weeks without a collection you realise just how much rubbish you accumulate.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2011, 05:23 PM
Glad you've eventually got yours emptied

My recyle bin was supposed to be emptied two days ago, they still haven't been......The household bin will be emptied on Wednesday, or so they say! x
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2011, 05:35 PM
Our binmen came a day early last week, they took away both general and recycling and actually collected the bins from outside of the house (we usually wheel them up the track nearer to our neighbours) I was very impressed, I had only managed to get the car home for the first time that evening!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2011, 06:00 PM
we only got ours emptied this week sothat was 4 weeks and i am glad i use reusable nappies or we would have been overflowing!!!
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2011, 07:48 PM
Think we must have been lucky they only missed one normal and one recycling collection first week of the snow and were 2 days late over the Christmas period. So can't complain really.
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2011, 08:09 PM
Oh yes I haven't had a recycling collection for 6 weeks, looks like I am stockpilling rubbish in the garden esp with all the extra Christmas related recycling and toy packaging, I have in excess of 8 bags waiting to go, and I can't take it to the skip/re-cycling centre unless I sort it all!!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2011, 08:23 PM
My mum's said food stuff goes in the bin and non food rubbish that cannot be recycled in a bin liner - we haven't had ours done since 23rd December - so I guess we're luckier than some!