Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
megatronic
New Member!
Female 

09-08-2010, 08:38 PM
Hi, I'm the 'someone' Jesterjen mentioned

My daughter is very reluctantly looking for a home for her 5 year old male springer spaniel, Batista. He is a lovely dog, very intelligent, always on the go and a very happy dog. I love him to bits and if it wasn't for me having 2 german shepherds already, and one of them isn't keen on the springer, he could come and live with me. Here are a few photos of him.

Hurry up and throw the ball!!!

My daughter has a 12 month old baby and up until recently everything was fine, if the baby cried he would even try to give him one of his toys, however a few weeks ago my daughter allowed the baby on the floor while the dog had a bone (she realises she was totally at fault), the baby crawled a bit too close and the dog guarded his bone, resulting in a cut to the baby's forehead he has never done anything like this before but my daughter feels she can't trust him with the baby any more. It is breaking her heart to let him go, but she has to put her baby before him. She will only let him go to a child free home.

In all other aspects he is a perfect dog. He will play all day, is very obedient and knows many commands. He's house trained and will ask to go out when he needs to. He does pull like a train on the lead but never actually gets walked on one, he goes off lead with my daughter and sits at the kerbside without any prompting. They have a cat and he's fine with him (I think the cat is the boss ) he's also been ok with my cat. At the moment he is living with my mother but as she is 77 it's not an ideal situation for such an active dog. He doesn't bother with other dogs when out and comes straight back when called. My son took him out the other day and a lady and her dog was coming the other way, Batista sat by my son while they passed and totally ignored the other dog.

My daughter lives in Oswestry, so not that far away from you. Sorry for the long post, but I want to be as honest as I can be. If you need any more information please post on here and I will be happy to help. I have more photos to hand if you need to see more.
webbkath
New Member!
Female 

10-08-2010, 06:25 PM
thank you for all the replies I think touch wood we may have found a dog
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3