Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2010, 09:21 PM

7 month old NI needing home

I first met this girl about 6 weeks ago.

She is a lovely girl with a fantastic temperament, very loving and tolerant.

However - she has BIG separation issues and also seems to have inherited a lot of her recall (or lack of) from her Siberian Husky heritage. She is very trainable but needs a lot of time and patience.

Her owner is not prepared to deal with a dog who is going to either a) take a LOT of training to be off lead safely, or b) give her a decent life on lead and finding safe off lead areas.

The other issue is the current owners Son - he has some issues with her and does not treat the dogs very well - it is a compliment to her nature that he has not yet been bitten.

The breeder is not prepared (or able) to take her back so the owner has placed her on a waiting list for the local branch of the NAWT and also the Dogs trust, however - I really feel the worst thing that could happen is a spell in kennels. She is a fantastic dog (or has the potential to be) with someone who is willing to put the time and effort into training her.

I did not manage to get pictures of her body, but she is mainly black, with some white marking underneath and on her legs , her tail is fairly curly with a white tip.

I know its a long shot - but if anyone can help, please feel free to PM me. Thanks.
Kalasin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-07-2010, 09:38 PM
She's beautiful. Any idea who her breeder was and have they been contacted?

Alternatively have they contacted NIS rescue to see if she can be put into foster care?
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2010, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by Kalasin View Post
She's beautiful. Any idea who her breeder was and have they been contacted?

Alternatively have they contacted NIS rescue to see if she can be put into foster care?
The breeder is local - not sure if the parents were NIS registered or not - I did suggest she contact the NIS to talk about rescue.

The breeder has been informed....she is not in a position to take the dog back....and she works, this dog cannot be left (yet).
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2010, 06:56 AM
Poor girl. I hope someone can help her xxxxx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2010, 07:52 AM
She is stunning, I do hope a lovely forever home comes up for her very quickly.
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2010, 09:15 AM
It's a shame she is so young, my grandfather is looking for a dog and he is home most of the day.

What sort of training does she need? Is it just the recall?
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2010, 09:36 AM
Just a recall is a lot for a husky!

She needs the basics as well but she will bond well with her owner and if he is up for walking a lot then she would be up for walking with him on the lead----obviously would need lead training as she is young.

She would need to be trained to be happy on her own or she would be a problem when left. That will take time.

rune (Tassles mum)
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2010, 09:46 AM
He doesn't do the walking it would be my aunt and I think she only walks on a lead and doesn't let them off, so recall outside off a lead isn't an issue (which is what I meant by just the recall).
They have a large garden and has had dogs all his life, and I think he only goes out for an hour once a week if that, and once every 3 weeks to the pub and a sunday afternoon but we used to take Millie his last dog that he lost a few months ago up to our horse field to run in an enclosed 6 acre field whilst he was out unless someone was in the house.
We were looking for a slightly older dog for him, so she may be too young, but she is very pretty!
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2010, 09:51 AM
Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
He doesn't do the walking it would be my aunt and I think she only walks on a lead and doesn't let them off, so recall outside off a lead isn't an issue (which is what I meant by just the recall).
They have a large garden and has had dogs all his life, and I think he only goes out for an hour once a week if that, and once every 3 weeks to the pub and a sunday afternoon but we used to take Millie his last dog that he lost a few months ago up to our horse field to run in an enclosed 6 acre field whilst he was out unless someone was in the house.
We were looking for a slightly older dog for him, so she may be too young, but she is very pretty!
You never know. Fingers crossed, it may be a match made in heaven xxxxx Goodluck and keep us posted xxxxx
Netpon
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-07-2010, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
The breeder is not prepared (or able) to take her back.
Well she shouldn't have bred her then! Any breeder worth their salt will ALWAYS take any of their pups back. She also might want to spend a bit more time vetting the homes she sells them to!

I do hope she can find a good home, poor thing.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >