Female 

11-05-2007, 12:46 PM
doubt I'll find my way down there !
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2007, 12:06 PM
Just caught up with your update.

Glad everythings going so well. You sound a natural!

I still get commodes or pads that make me heave, I keep extra strong mints in my pocket, pop one of those in your mouth, it helps.

Keep your professional armour on, but do remember it does have chinks in it so the good stuff can get through . My OH and son get used to hearing stories about my antics with my oldies, and god knows I've had plenty of those. Even what might have seemed hard at the time all turns into happy memories of wonderful people.
I really don't think familes appreciate how much we care for our oldies and how much we remember them when they are gone.

If you look at our website... www.rosecarefelixstowe.co.uk you'll see one of our oldies. That was Annie the Nanny, who lived at home, cared for by us, until she was 104. I always remember going to put her to bed, she had a leg lifter (a bit like a stiffened dog lead you hook over your foot to help you lift it into bed)... and every night she'd say she was going fishing with it, and every night she'd say 'No fish again, we'll have to have sausages!'.
Funny the things you remember.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2007, 12:27 PM
It's great to hear you are liking it. Nice to be in a job you actually enjoy!
Becky
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2007, 03:20 PM
So pleased you're happy in your new career. Well done for having the courage to take the leap
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2007, 03:32 PM
great to hear you are doing so well. I have been thinking about you so often these past few weeks. I used to keep some olbas oil in my pocket so I could dab a little bit on the end of my nose before a smelly procedure!
You do sound like a natural as has been said before and I am sure you give a lot of joy to those oldies you help to bed down. They will have lovely sweet dreams after you have made them comfortable. And - if some of them do not awaken the next day, you at least will know that you gave them a little love to help them on their way.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2007, 04:08 PM
a little bit on the end of my nose before a smelly procedure!

now there is a welcome idea

thanks M xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2007, 04:34 PM
It was a brave step hon, and you've proved yourself beyond doubt as seomone who's not phased by much at all. I hope it keeps being as rewarding in the future as you are finding it now
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2