View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2007, 05:44 PM

How sad am I at being really excited.....

by having a new sink unit fitted

I've been having problems for months with the taps in the kitchen-I have so little grip in my hands that I can't turn conventional taps off & the bl**dy cold tap has leaked for yonks

So I asked my lovely neighbour if he would fit some new taps, when he can round to have a look & we opened the door to the cupboard under the sink it fell off Not only that but the taps to the washer couldn't be turned off & the actual sink unit was just about on it''s last legs

So we discussed what was best to do & decided a new sink, sink unit & taps to match the other new cupboard unit in the kitchen

Well it's all done & dusted in 6 hours old stuff out & new stuff in tested & working.

And yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the taps no longer drip had a mixer unit fitted with levers & it is bliss

My neighbour was just finishing off the sealant & couldn't understand why no water was coming out from the cold lever Hm it was however coming out the mixer just as it should do, he was so used to having ordinary separate taps he kept forgetting
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2007, 05:48 PM
I know just how you feel, I put up with things for ages then my dad visits and puts them right in no time at all.

Its those little things that drive us round the bend that give us so much pleasure when they're fixed.

Enjoy your taps
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2007, 06:22 PM
oh cool, i want one!!!!

i know exactly what you mean though.
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2007, 09:35 PM
Great stuff! We're haviing our whole kitchen done at the mo, and I can hardly sit still I'm so excited!!! Before and after (and during!) pictures to follow once it's all done!
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2007, 09:46 AM
Should have taken a before & after pix for Andrew so he can show people the transformation. He really is a lovely bloke, he's just popped back to check that there are no leaks(there aren't)& also to put up a new foil/cling film/kitchen roll holder & a thing for putting carry bags in(that bit was for free)

He gave me a rough estimate before & it ended up less LOL he thought he quoted less that the actual cost so I was well chuffed

I'll put up some photos when I've got my new bits & pieces to go with the new sink & unit/work surface

I'm off to paint all the other doors in the kitchen white to match the posh ones ! just not today !!
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2007, 06:08 PM
Sounds like quite a transformation J! I bet you're well chuffed with it all

Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
I'm off to paint all the other doors in the kitchen white to match the posh ones ! just not today !!
I painted the cupboard doors in the kicthen in my last house, and I loved it. It made a real difference to the whole room. Just take your time over it, especially while you're preparing the surfaces. Sand the surfaces down with fine sand paper and then clean them carefully to get rid of any dust. If they're laminate prime them with proper melamine primer, then use a good quality brush for the surface coat. you can get all-in-one primer and gloss top coat, but it's not nice stuff - really gloopy. It's much better to get a really well prepared surface with the primer, which is pretty ok to work with, then you only need to do a couple of fine coats in ordinary gloss to get a lovely finish.