Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2007, 10:21 PM

Oooh I've got an egg on my head

Its my own fault, I keep forgetting about the low beam above the twist on the staircase. Being a tall lady - 5'7" in my bare feet, I always have to duck when I go under this beam.

I was upstairs this afternoon when I heard some noise, and suddenly realised I had left the door open to the posh lounge and the dogs had come through. They were not doing anything naughty, just rushing about in there having a good old sniff (that room is out of bounds, its for posh people only!!).

I rushed down the stairs telling them they had better not be getting up to mischief when suddenly - whack, I toppled backwards, which ricked my neck and skinned my scalp on the beam.

Oooh, the pain, it really brought tears to my eyes, I can tell you. The dogs thought it was great fun that I came bounding down toward them and proceeded to bounce about at me rather than vacate the room.

I managed to get them out of there but my head was throbbing for ages.

Now I've got a nice big egg shape on it, even if I remember to duck now I bet it will still reach the beam, it's that big
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2007, 10:24 PM
oh dear!!!!!!!!!

poor you, if it makes you feel any better i've hurt my back and i'm sat here in great pain.

hope you feel better soon - lots of setter hugs coming your way. xx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2007, 10:25 PM
Originally Posted by eloquence View Post
oh dear!!!!!!!!!

poor you, if it makes you feel any better i've hurt my back and i'm sat here in great pain.

hope you feel better soon - lots of setter hugs coming your way. xx
Thanks mel, us setterholics are so accident prone aren't we
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2007, 10:31 PM
yeah, i blame them blasted dogs myself, making us play 'catch me if you can' in the fields!!!!!!!!!

joking, i probably did it at work.
not doing too bad really am i - bad back, broken finger - whatever next!!!!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2007, 06:24 AM
Oh dear - poor you Sheree. Big hugs coming your way. Have to say, it did make me smile just a little bit
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

04-05-2007, 08:00 AM
Sorry to hear you bumped your head and hope you feel better soon. In the meantime if it is any consolation you can now join the "Eggheads" team on the TV

I am sure if Bradley kissed if better it would help a lot.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2007, 08:05 AM
Ouch Ouch Ouch Sheree - nothing major here but I have a bad arm and Angus has a sore tail (gordons and tails - AAGGGH). So Angus feeling sorry for himself maybe you and him can have hugs to make each other feel better

Setter kisses from here!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-05-2007, 08:07 AM
Hope your head feels better soon,I was always doing that when going down the step from the cockpit to the cabin on our boat when we had one.Ouch it really does hurt.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2007, 08:19 AM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Oh dear - poor you Sheree. Big hugs coming your way. Have to say, it did make me smile just a little bit
Thanks Vicki, it must have loooked very funny to the dogs

Originally Posted by lovezois View Post
Sorry to hear you bumped your head and hope you feel better soon. In the meantime if it is any consolation you can now join the "Eggheads" team on the TV

I am sure if Bradley kissed if better it would help a lot.
Thanks Eunice but I thought you had to have brains aswell as eggheads for that programme Bradley was one of the team of rascals in the expedition to the posh room, I do think he owes mummy a big hug

Originally Posted by rachelsetters View Post
Ouch Ouch Ouch Sheree - nothing major here but I have a bad arm and Angus has a sore tail (gordons and tails - AAGGGH). So Angus feeling sorry for himself maybe you and him can have hugs to make each other feel better

Setter kisses from here!
Oh dear, hugs for you and Angus then too

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Hope your head feels better soon,I was always doing that when going down the step from the cockpit to the cabin on our boat when we had one.Ouch it really does hurt.
Thanks Lynn, it makes me madder because I know the beam is there, you just forget don't you
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-05-2007, 09:33 AM
Thats my pemanent state of mind lately forgetting.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >