View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2007, 10:54 PM
Brilliant ideas - thanks guys, much appreciated. I will start cruising Asda and Iceland next week . Should be a bit easier than I thought .

Wouldn't it be brilliant if you could all be there too? A sort of Dogsey Christening, .
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2007, 10:57 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
and mini salad stuff (obviously not salad but you know what I mean)
Rice salad...quick cook salad with a Fairtrade pack of unsalted peanuts and raisins mixed in..it's yum.
Sorry to be thick but what is mini-salad stuff?

And what's quick-cook salad?

It all sounds lovely and I know the Fairtrade stuff .
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2007, 11:03 PM
Are there likely to be any vegetarians
I went to Madmares 50th birthday bash and as a veggie with allergies I can honestly say the buffet was great for someone like me, nothing out of the ordinary but some thoughtful veggie friendly choices which had me going back to the buffet table more than I care to admit to
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2007, 11:24 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
Are there likely to be any vegetarians
I went to Madmares 50th birthday bash and as a veggie with allergies I can honestly say the buffet was great for someone like me, nothing out of the ordinary but some thoughtful veggie friendly choices which had me going back to the buffet table more than I care to admit to
Hey Patch - unlikely but not 100% sure. However I eat mainly veggies and fish so will def make sure I include something ... what did Madmare have?
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2007, 12:04 AM
Let me see, there was veggie quiche, those little bite size cheese and tomato pizza`s, cheese and pineapple on sticks [ lurve those ], little onion thingies with cheese on sticks, [ not sure what type cos I dont eat onion thingies lol ], veggie friendly sarnies, [ as well as non-veggie sarnies ], potato salad, mixed salad, baby potatoes, [ which I`m addicted to ], nuts, crisps, lots of variety of snack type nibblies, and lots more that I cant remember off the top of my head, and lots of non-veggie foods but can`t list those as I did`nt take much notice of course lol, then there was the sweet table, lots of little cakes of all different types, and choccy types like coconut tea cakes etc.

I was like a locust
Weeeeeell, its rare for a buffet to have lots of choice for a veggie with allergies I can tell you
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2007, 12:05 AM
Originally Posted by beckyc View Post
Iceland have some good party type food.
Chicken drumsticks with different bastes such as barbeque etc.

....and nothing wrong with cheese and pineapple, I love it too

too right thats why moms go to iceland,im sure what ever you do people will love it.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2007, 12:07 AM
Marvellous - I've written it all down so much appreciated!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-04-2007, 06:32 AM
Tsaziki makes a a nice dip and good for Veggies non Veggies love it too.Grate 1 cucumber maybe 2 for the amount of people coming,put some salt on it to drain the water off I grate it into a colander and stand over a bowl leave as long as possible then squeeze out put into big bowl or 2-3 smaller bowls so you can spred it around a bit, and add natural yoghurt I use Total 1-2 tubs depending on amount you make add some minced garlic fresh as much as you like can leave garlic out if you wish maybe add some mint instead,then give a good stir and ready to go.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2007, 11:54 AM
Thanks Lynn - that sounds delightful!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2007, 12:52 PM
sorry LS I wasn't clear and my typing was appalling!
For quick salad, I meant to make a quick salad, quick cook rice mixed in with the nuts and raisins. Sorry.
As for salad in tubs for the vol au vents...I don't knwo how to describe them...you know the things, not quite dips but not proper salads...in small tubs??? Help someone .... actually may go check out sainsburys website.....back in a mo
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >