Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2007, 11:49 AM

Heeeeeeelp I'm going insane!!!!!

My house is in such a mess now, I've got people I don't even know to-ing and fro-ing inside to use the loo, to give the poor dogs some resbite I've thrown them in the caravan with a bucket of water, as all the gates are wide open down the front path to the busy road, it's a complete nightmare here!!! There's Mum wanting her lunch, the plummer wants me to decide what goes where in the bathroom, the electricians keep asking me where's this, where's that, the joiners have taken me up there on the ladder (it was the coming back down bit that scared the pants off me!!!)to see where I wanted the new walls, and it doesn't look big enough to me anyways, and how the hell can I say where I want them when there's not even a floor down for me to go in and walk around yet!!! I've got pinky and bl**dy perky erecting a shed down the bottom of the front garden (friends of Dave's!) who have spent 3 hours just putting the floor of it down!!!!! They keep doing a disappearing act on me, coz I don't think they know what the he** they're doing, so I've printed off some instructions from the internet for them now! Lol! What am I like!!! I don't suffer fools

I'm now waiting for the big boss to turn up and discuss the new staircase, so I won't be having any lunch today!

I don't have a big garden anymore either, it's all full of wood and stuff, and a shed hopefully later on today!

I told the guys to put some nice padding in one of the bedrooms upstairs specially for me, I'm gonna need a padded room I think at this rate!!!
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2007, 11:53 AM
Sorry Helen but all this could only happen to you.
It brings reminders of a film I laughed so much at with Tom Hanks called the Money Pit. Your thread got me thinking of that.
It will all be worth it in the end, grit your teeth and think of the future when they have all gone and your left with a whole huge house to begin having fun decorating.
Then the fun starts...............
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-04-2007, 11:56 AM
I used to love those old Laurel and Hardy movies... and here's you starring in one... your so lucky
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2007, 11:59 AM
chin up there. It will all go away soon and you will have loads of space to go and hide in. I guess they are at that stage.....
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-04-2007, 11:59 AM
It will be worth it in the end and you're in good company here, a lot of the users are already insane
skjerstad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2007, 12:04 PM
Oh Helen, what a mad house, rather you than me, I would string them up if they weren't getting on with it.
I still have that nice coat with the cross over arms if you need it. lol
Take care hun, you can always run away to Orkney and sit on a cold windy beach if that would help.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-04-2007, 12:04 PM
I think I would of been in the caravan with the dogs by now.
Think of the bigger picture it will be great when its done and a whole new wing to your house.Is it an East or West wing?
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2007, 12:06 PM
:smt005 :smt005 :smt005 I'm so sorry Helena, I just couldn't help it...I think it was the "Pinky and Perky" putting up the shed that did it It could have been worse ..you might have got Bodgeit and Scarper!
No seriously I do sympathize...it will be worth it in the end, I promise. I do know what I'm talking about here as we lived in a caravan on site with two children (under school age then) all our dogs, a pony, two pet sheep, cats hens, two goats, rabbits, guinea pigs and a hamster when we built our house from start to finish All mod cons, we had some sort of plywood sheets made into a box with a front door on (with letterbox) which concealed the loo outside of the caravan. Many a morning I had been 'sat' there as post came flying through the letterbox or one of the builders was competing with me to use it!
See it doesn't look so bad now does it???
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2007, 12:18 PM
you were insane before they arrived helen ...LOL
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2007, 01:22 PM
Yes Luz it reminds me of a film too, but I was thinking more along the lines of "Nightmare on High Street"!!!!!

You're right there Ian

Yes Fudgeley, he just said this is the busy stage and it will all go very quiet in a couple of weeks and I'll wonder where everyone is - NOT!!!!!

Thanks Stormey, yeah I know, that's why this was the only place to post it - fellow nutters and all that!!!!

Oh yes please skjerstad, could you send it down special delivery please!!!!!

Hi Lynn, well I was yesterday afternoon, but today there's too much going on, so they'd be knocking on my little door every 5 mins!!! Just like they did yesterday afternoon when we were trying to get some peace!!

Oh Meganrose, I feel sooooo much better now after reading that!!! I didn't think it could get any worse either!

I know Inca, but I'm even worse now!

Boss man arrived, so I went up the ladder again (I just knew I shouldn't have done that!!) I poked my head thru one of the windows and I was standing on some of the roof, sort of sideways, on the slat, whilst this roofer was trying to lay tiles around my feet and nail them in, and I told him to please be careful not to nail my trainers into the roof!!! Anyway, we've played around with the bathroom arrangement and I've gone from having a great big luxurious bathroom, to a pokey little 6 x 6 and nearly had a corner bog, but we then changed our minds!!! Dave arrived with all the bathroom stuff which had been delivered to his works this morning, so he came up and put his oare in. There's 8 blokes up there, some of them carrying great big lengths of wood over our heads thru the windows, the tiler's still nailing away around my feet, and the boss man has told the joiner he's got to move a bit of pitch inside to make the bedroom a nats larger, so he's well peed off!!!! The dogs are still in the caravan, Dave has gone back to work, I made it safely back down the ladder (even though Dave was holding the bottom and pushed it in and made it steeper!!!!! )Mum's asleep, Christ, how she can sleep thru all this I don't know, and the good news is ........ the shed is UP!!!!! For how long I don't know, but it looks like a shed now!!!! They must have read my instructions then!!! LMAO here!!!

Phew I'm off in that caravan now for a bit of sanity and let them get on with it. I told them I wasn't making any more blooming tea either, I left 10 cans of coke in the fridge, and I can't even be assed to watch them drinking it!!! Lol!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >