Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2007, 02:25 PM

It's all going on here! My loft project pics

Thought I'd show you what's going on at my house at the moment, pity you can't hear all the horrendous bangs that are going with it. It's sometimes quite scarey, I keep thinking something big and heavy might come through the ceiling!

Anyway, this was my humble little abode when the scaffolding went up and they started to lift the end gable at the side:

This was our attick (2/3rd of it) before it all started. YOu can never imagine we are having a 16 x 13 bedroom, a 13 x 10 bedroom and a bathroom up there can you!

This was after they lifted up the end gable and came right out, and it will go straight down to the existing wall at the bottom with tile hanging.

The first of my two pitched roof dormers went in, they look gorgeous!

Then the 2nd one went in! I'm so glad I fought with the architect to get these two little pitched roofs instead of one big box on top of our house! Touch of class!

Dave went up the ladder and held the camera inside the tarpaulin, and it didn't look much different inside??

Then this was taken this week-end

I just went round the back to take the dogs out and they've done all this in a day (our triple dormer at the rear) It looks absolutely huuuuuge, I never expected we would have got planning for this amount upstairs in our little village, and it's going to turn our humble little bungalow into a mansion! We'll all be lost in here when it's done!! Happy days!

I will post some more as it goes on for those who might be interested!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-04-2007, 02:38 PM
It is going to look lovely when it is done worth all the noise and mess.
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2007, 02:45 PM
It's certainly all going on there isn't it. Looking good
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2007, 02:45 PM
fab pics, but where are the builders lol!!!
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2007, 02:48 PM
My god that all seems to of happened so quick. Hope it all gets finished quickly so you can enjoy all that lovely space.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2007, 03:27 PM
Lol Fudgeley, I forgot about taking their pics!! I even keep them supplied with coke in the bootroom fridge too - perfect for a photoshoot and I'm so tied up with other stuff I forgot!!

Had 5 of them here today coz 2 of them were doing the flat roof dormer coating. I love that smell as I had the big tub of it bubbling away outside the pc room window, smells like boiling ham to me!!

Thanks Lynn, not much mess - yet!! Stairs are going in on Friday though, now that's gonna be messy!

Thanks Shaza It certainly will when it's finished! The loft company are going to use it for a new photograph for their brochure coz they said it's gonna look so nice when finished

Thanks Luz Yes, we're only into our THIRD week and we've had easter inbetween, and the third week has only just started! I can't believe how hard these guys work, they're stripped off to the waist by mid-day, dripping with sweat by 2pm.......... runs for camera!!!!!!!!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2007, 03:35 PM
They're really moving on with the work aren't they? It's going to be fab when it's done
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2007, 03:39 PM
It will be so worth the mess when they have finished.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2007, 03:44 PM
It's coming on in leaps and bounds H I do like the two dorma windows at the front
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2007, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post

Thanks Luz Yes, we're only into our THIRD week and we've had easter inbetween, and the third week has only just started! I can't believe how hard these guys work, they're stripped off to the waist by mid-day, dripping with sweat by 2pm.......... runs for camera!!!!!!!!
Ooooh wait while I go and get my diet coke.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >