Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2019, 05:53 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday, 25th July, 2019

Good morning all, I hope you all survived yesterday's heat and are prepared for even worse today. Harvey hope it's not having to adverse affect on you and you are able to keep cool.

Take care everyone, try and keep cool and dry but above all things stay safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-07-2019, 06:58 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow.

Survived yesterday's heat even though I drove over to Royston to meet our friend Jacky for lunch we did have a lovely time though. Thankfully Gorden was home with Dillon which allows me not to worry about him overheating although it is cooler in here when we are out and it is all shut up curtains drawn and the fan with ice blocks going.
Bit of traffic had to divert going there and bad traffic coming back on the ely road so was a tad warm when I arrived back.

Hope everyone else managed well enough and Harvey hope it is draining you to much.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2019, 07:40 AM
Good morning Moyra, Lynn and all who follow

Pleased you had a good day Lynn although travelling as usual not good

Another very hot day. Got Teazle out early but even then it was very warm but at least the pavements weren't hot. We are now sitting in a lovely breeze in the kitchen which doesn't get any sun until this afternoon.

Hope all are well and managing to stay cool

Have a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2019, 09:43 AM
Morning all
It's lovely and hot here, at least I didn't have to get out of bed and round up loose horses today. Think I will pop over to Steve's, that's an hour with stinky people...I don't understand how people can walk round whiffing
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

25-07-2019, 12:05 PM
Moyra, Lynn, Sue

Yes it's really hot here, luckily I think I'm improving each day now, shall not be going out today 'tho. Thanks for all your thoughts.

Originally Posted by griff View Post
...I don't understand how people can walk round whiffing

When we first married we were in New Guinea for a year, one day Alena & I went to a local sports event when suddenly she felt sick and had to go back to the car......yes it was all the locals, personal hygene was an unknown concept to them, well I suppose it would be since cannibalism was stil going on in the mountains at that time

Hope you manage to catch 'Jack' and give him a nice feed Also hope things went OK yesterday
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2019, 01:36 PM
Good afternoon all.

Well what a farce that was. 30 odd mile drive with Gary in a mood to find the clinic overrunning by about an hour. Waited it out in the boiling waiting room with one tiny fan that was worse than useless. In and out of the doctor's office in less that two minutes. 30 odd mile drive back behind tractors and traffic with the sun blazing. The car was registering 34 degrees. Window down and I could feel the burn, window up and it was unbearable. If ever another appointment comes up during a heatwave, it's getting cancelled.

We have on of the areas so called homeless that goes in Mcdonalds every day. Honestly, you know when he's in as soon as you walk through the door. He smells atrocious.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2019, 01:41 PM
Harvey, glad you are gradually feeling better. I am finding this weather just too much! My sinuses are better than they were but I would still be glad to be over this heat. I have bought another air conditioning machine not as proficient as I thought it would be. I have fans going all round the flat but it just not sufficient to keep us cool. I am worried about Dillon, Bruno and xeno how are they coping with the heat. Griffs and Sue's dogs too I had to take the cool Jacket I bought for Amber back to the Local Pets at Home. I bought her a couple of large roasted bones and got the rest refunded. I am sorry but I couldn't possibly live in these temperatures normally. Stay safe and well everyone. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-07-2019, 01:46 PM
It's shop assistants that get me. Mark in the past has had to have the chat with them about buying a deodorant.
Harvey glad you are feeling well.
Chris that's appalling but not surprising.
Moyra Dillon is doing ok we have fans going he has a wrung out wet cold towel over him and we have the top half of the stable door open. 30 in the shade outside and 29 indoors.

My quilt cover sheet and pillow cases dried in just over an hour.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2019, 02:35 PM
Glad Dillon is ok. He's a big dog with a thick coat poor love. Bruno and xena are the same. I feel so sorry for them. Amber is so restless, she is the only Labrador I have owned who doesn't love water. I still have an old bungalow bath that Chloe used to bathe in a lot especially towards the end. She also punctured quite a few paddling pools so the bungalow bath was the best for her. When I lived in Shoreham by Sea, Essex and Honey used to love to swim in the sea. Cannot understand Amber?
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2019, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Glad Dillon is ok. He's a big dog with a thick coat poor love. Bruno and xena are the same. I feel so sorry for them. Amber is so restless, she is the only Labrador I have owned who doesn't love water. I still have an old bungalow bath that Chloe used to bathe in a lot especially towards the end. She also punctured quite a few paddling pools so the bungalow bath was the best for her. When I lived in Shoreham by Sea, Essex and Honey used to love to swim in the sea. Cannot understand Amber?

Okay Moyra totally baffled what's a bungalow bath please?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >