Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-06-2012, 07:25 PM

Let down by the computer...

...and missed Pereg's 3pm medication [the reminder did not flag up], so she did not get it until nearly 8pm. I am hoping that as she has it every 8 hours instead of the normal 12 hours she still had enough in her system for her to be OK. The next one would normally be due at 11pm so I will try to stay up and give it to her as late as possible as I do not want to overdose her with it.

Fingers crossed for her please as she is already a bit antsy for other reasons.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-06-2012, 07:31 PM
I think you have some leeway with these things. How about a postit note stuck on your computer?o
Jackalyn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-06-2012, 07:33 PM
Hope she will be ok. Silly computer!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-06-2012, 07:43 PM
Missing one dose is not a lot bearing in mind how many she gets per day, every day, still I will be keeping all fingers crossed that nothing happens, I know how much you love her and I'm sure she knows that too
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

23-06-2012, 07:44 PM
I have all her medication times set on ReminderFox [a Firefox Add-on] and set it to start reminding me 30 minutes before each time - then I set it to Snooze for 10 minutes at a time until 10 minutes before, at which time I go into the kitchen, get the cheese out of the refrigerator and get down her pills.

Once she has had them I delete that particular time. It is set for the same times each day - I have no idea why it did not flag up because usually it stays up until I either hit Snooze or Delete.

I just have to hope that there was still enough medication in her system so that the delay will not cause any problem.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-06-2012, 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
I have all her medication times set on ReminderFox [a Firefox Add-on] and set it to start reminding me 30 minutes before each time - then I set it to Snooze for 10 minutes at a time until 10 minutes before, at which time I go into the kitchen, get the cheese out of the refrigerator and get down her pills.

Once she has had them I delete that particular time. It is set for the same times each day - I have no idea why it did not flag up because usually it stays up until I either hit Snooze or Delete.

I just have to hope that there was still enough medication in her system so that the delay will not cause any problem.
I do similar things on my phone. Do you have a mobile?
tattoogirl73
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-06-2012, 10:43 PM
if it makes you feel any better, twice this week i've cocked up with shirely's epilespy and dementia medication. my excuse is we were on holiday and it threw our routines out. last saturday night i gave her her morning medication instead of night time, and then thursday i totally forgot about it i wouldn't mind but i have it in the boxes with the day and times on.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

24-06-2012, 07:05 AM
I guess more than a few of us have forgotten or mixed up meds on occasions, and a couple of times when I have been in the middle of something I have hit Snooze when I should have gone to get her meds, so they have been slightly late, plus a couple of times I have overslept so the 7am one is late, but five hours late was rather worrying.

I gave her the 11pm dose at midnight as I could not stay up any longer, so that was only four hours since the previous one, but she is fine B"H although we did have a rather disturbed night, starting with the binmen turning up at 1am and then some other external distractions...

Anyhow I have solved the problem with ReminderFox by setting the Alert Slider to pop up from the bottom Add-on bar every hour, and staying there until I click on it, so that should solve the problem if the regular Alert does not show. The Slider will also ding every five minutes if I have not clicked to acknowledge it.

I have also just spoken to my Vet and he said that she does have some leeway in timing as there would still be enough in her system, and that giving the second dose just four hours later would not harm her. I am just going to be extra vigilant now after yesterday's minor panic!