Smooth Griffons

Miniature Boxers.

[well that is what I always told people ]
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2011, 06:21 PM
Originally Posted by magpye View Post
You know, I figure anyone who just posts on this thread without adding their own breed description is just begging to be 'Thikipied'

Rough Collies - Also known as Lassie dogs. They have been bred to understand perfect English and communicate with you with a series of barks and meaningful looks. They do have a habit of rescuing local children, but on the whole make a perfect family dog requiring no training, grooming or exercise. Also available in a miniature size which people sometimes call;
'Shelties' Or 'A small one of them Lassie dogs'.

Dobermans - Proper Dobermans are Black and tan, other colours are not 'proper'. Dobermans come in two varieties The stood up ear no tailed Doberman or 'Hollywood Doberman' and the Floppy Eared occasionally tailed 'British Doberman'. Fearsome but impeccably behaved guard dogs. Unlike the Rottweiller they are not prone to go on a rampage, but will still eat babies, children and small dogs if directed to.

Footnote; Dobermanns (Dobe) are a version of the Rottweiller (Rottie) They were designed to be slightly taller and a lot skinnier, especially in the face. This is what has led to a reduction in baby deaths and far less general rampaging around killing people. New owners should not feed them raw meat though as this can lead to their brain mutating and as a result they become extra blood thirsty.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2011, 06:28 PM
Border-Jack

This cross breed (BC x JRT) should be totally off the walls, wants to herd and kill livestock by bringing it down by it's ankles. Owner's prompt comments about their hyperactivity and the cross must be crazy - almost as crazy as the owner for owning one. Come in all varieties, Scruffy and Smooth..

(thought I would do Sadie as I did Louie earlier - she is not a typical Border-Jack)
tyr
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-08-2011, 06:33 PM
Malinois
The 'poor man's Alsation'. Not as resplendent as a proper Alsation, but eats less and fits into a smaller car. Looks well 'ard due to the dark face, but makes an excellent pet and family dog. Born with outstanding impulse control and bite inhibition, the Malinois doesn't demand much attention and thrives in bustling, chaotic households. Confidence giver for the nervous, hesitant owner. The Malinois likes to do a bit of agility but doesn't require a great deal of exercise or training.

Tervueren and Groenendal
Rough Collie x brown or black Alsation. 'Girlfriend' version of the Malinois, ideal for the first time owner. Well-grounded, stable temperament combined with attractive fluffy appearance. Encouraged to be shy with strangers, as it looks endearing. They come in a self-cleaning brown, grey or black coat, to match most types of decor. As they're part Rough Collie, they can communicate in sign language and don't like to get wet or muddy.

Laekenois
Curley Tervueren

Hollandse Herder
Stripey Malinois
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2011, 06:41 PM
Oooh I wanted to put the latest on - courtesy of Tegs Mum

Slovakian Wirehaired Pointer (SWP)

Formerly known as a Slovakian Rough Haired Pointer..(SRHP)

(That's got to be the best breed mix up by far)
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2011, 06:56 PM
Brilliant post, never seen this before, had me curled up

Labradoodles

Sometimes mistaken for a crossbreed, but actually a pedigree because both parents have pedigree papers. Guaranteed to have all the good traits of each breed and none of the bad, perfect health unlike "old fashioned" pedigrees, no need to train as they speak perfect English and best of all, all puppies will be non shedding. Bonus of coming with such a fantastic name. Comes in many other varieties such a goldendoodle, cockerdoodle and sproodles. Currently unavailable as a noodle.
MadisonSale
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-08-2011, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post

Labradoodles

Sometimes mistaken for a crossbreed, but actually a pedigree because both parents have pedigree papers. Guaranteed to have all the good traits of each breed and none of the bad, perfect health unlike "old fashioned" pedigrees, no need to train as they speak perfect English and best of all, all puppies will be non shedding. Bonus of coming with such a fantastic name. Comes in many other varieties such a goldendoodle, cockerdoodle and sproodles. Currently unavailable as a noodle.
i would say that description goes for any of the designer cross breeds

oh don't forget, they are actually a pedigree in their own right sometimes, as they come with a family tree. you can enter them into crufts and everything.
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2011, 08:05 PM
I had forgotten about this thread... Still makes me giggle
Jessi Clark
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2011, 09:18 PM
I'm loving this thread, so glad I'm not at work though think I might be getting some funny looks for laughing hysterically at the screen!!

Gordon Setters - Long haired dobermans, run at full pelt at dogs/people in parks with teeth showing and small children/dogs must be removed from sight instantly for fear of attack, same killer instinct as rotties and dobes but hide it behind the constantly wagging tail, it's all a facade, they're not to be trusted!!
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2011, 09:49 PM
Labrador Retriever

A labrador cross retriever.

Labradors

The labrador or lab (also known as one of those blind or sniffer dogs)are the perfect companion for those who enjoy a 'healthy' relationship with recreational drugs.

Not only do they come ready trained to guide you home from the pub when you are 'blind' drunk, but they also come ready trained to find where you left that stash of canabis you're looking for.

On top of all that, they come in three fassionable colours guaranteed to match any sofa.

Black
Blacks are nice, but be warned males can be nasty.

Chocolate or brown
Come in a variety of shades, all are mental.

Golden, sorry yellow
Also come in a variety of shades. Puppies of this colour have a tendancy to steal toilet roll.
Page 18 of 29 « First < 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 28 > Last »