Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2010, 06:34 PM

Three weeks on... (Irish Setter)

Honey our Irish Setter girl has been with us for three weeks now and it feels like longer... it is if she was meant to be with us....
When Remy died last year the pain of her loss was devastating for us all and it always felt like something and someone was missing... I missed my calm walks in the woods with her, as did Mum, we missed the serenity of her plus her typical mad setter moments Jamie missed her terribly and was never himself when she left us...
He had alot of illnesses and was so so sad, then we looked after Bramble for a weekend and a saw a spark of light behind his eyes, I knew I had to find a dog to complete our family.... The search was upsetting in some ways, being told I didn't suit some rescues as my boys are not neutered, when I could offer a loving home was sad... but then I heard of a breeder whose wife had died and could not cope with all their dogs on his own, as he is also disabled He said Honey would be perfect for us...
The moment I laid my eyes on her, I knew she was the one.

I have never had an Irish before, though read about them and asked about, she is solid, loving, a velcro dog, who we all adore and the day before she arrived I had a dream in which I opened the front door, to find our Remy standing there with her big smile... a sign I believe that Honey is meant to be. She and the others are great friends and though she is too ladylike to rough and tumble (yet!!) she has fitted like a glove, giving Codee some confidence and Jamie has his mojo back!! I caught him licking her today and she stood there letting him, awww!!
Though Remy is unique and will always be 'my Duchess' I think my Honey is really special too!!
She isn't the most photogenic dog, but believe me she is stunning in the flesh!!

Ta for looking and reading!!
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2010, 06:44 PM
She is beautiful and seems to have slotted in your gang so well. Im really glad she is going someway to help repair the heart break from losing Remy. You can never replace one you lose and neither would you want to. But opening up your heart to a new fur baby can help fill that empty space. I wish all your furries a very happy future together.
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2010, 07:35 PM
She really is beautiful. I commented on her in the other pic you posted of her with the others.
She is really lovely xx
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2010, 08:09 PM
I'm so glad she has settled in so well
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2010, 08:11 PM
Awww that's lovely Claire - saw lots of Irish at Richmond today and made me smile thinking of our Sacha.

Honey has fitted in perfectly and good to hear that Jamie has his mojo back x
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2010, 08:41 PM
It's so lovely to hear how well she has settled in, as soon as Alan told me about her I just knew that she deserved a lovely home with you and yours...a match made in heaven. xx
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2010, 12:58 AM
she is beautiful, and its great she has settled in so well
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2010, 06:42 AM
Awwwww she's really lovely xxxxxx
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2010, 06:52 AM
Aww - she is looking very sweet.
I'm glad she has settled in so well and so quick
Mad Huskies
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-09-2010, 07:40 AM
Aww I just welled up abit there! Gosh Im going so soft since joining these dog forums!
So lovely to hear when someone truely loves a pet and looses it buit then soaks up some of the grief by rescueing another!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >