Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2020, 07:51 AM

Daily Chat Thursday 2nd January

Good morning everyone

Hope all are well

Dull and damp here and just about to take Teazle out.

Have a good day and stay safe
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2020, 09:10 AM
Morning Sue
I am waiting for a delivery for Steve...a games system, it's got 2020 games in it apparently....he is such a geek lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-01-2020, 11:35 AM
Morning Sue, griff and all to follow.

Dry breezy and cold here today.
Hope you get a nice rest tomorrow Sue.
Hope the parcel has arrived griff.

We are popping over to a garden centre and little shopping court in Peterborough in a bit. I can dillon his food from the pet shop we can have a wander round the garden centre and get a coffee to.
Gorden in work tomorrow but back in the evening then Monday see's him back to work properly although luckier than some as some weeks working from home since he semi retired 2.5 years ago.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-01-2020, 04:01 PM
Back from the garden centre got Dillon's food from the pet shop, had a cuppa and cheese scone bought some hyacinths to.

Also we needed a new Christmas tree used the old one in the cabin last year, bought a new one a Tesco one heavily reduced for indoors really nice for under a tenner.
Anyway this one is a bit more luxurious it's like a bluey black with frosty tips half price not cheap but oh so worth it.
Now all year to make up my mind does it go indoors or in the cabin.
Just done an Iceland shop and about to put potatoes to bake in the oven.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2020, 04:16 PM
Good afternoon all.

Been a sunny day here although very cold. Town has quietened down a bit today, but still a lot of bank holiday dog walkers about - you know the ones, dog gets out every bank holiday and goes berserk with excitement. Still, an enjoyable walk and our longer one too which was good.

Got a blood pressure monitor we ordered today through the post. Looks like I might have to book in for an official check with the GP tomorrow as it's still reading very high. My blood pressure is usually on the low side, but it was high when I went to the hospital and was surprised I didn't get a call from the GP to go in and have it checked again. When I didn't, that's when I decided we needed to get our own monitor.

Chrismas decs down and away. Surprising how bare the house looks when they go away
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2020, 06:16 PM
Picked up a stray dog today..so neglected, really really bad state....I have had to bin my new jumper and jeans, broke my heart leaving him with the dog wardens
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2020, 06:44 PM
Evening all.

Been to work out with Gert and then into Boots picked up niece and nephews birthday gifts in their sale Birthday is 21st Jan. Sophie wants a makeup cleaning kit and Jack a hair cutter and Fcuk deodorant/body spray gift set.

Also popped in to see a lady from work who has ovarian cancer surprised me how poorly she looks, quite upset me, cam home to a message from a good friend to find out her hubby has been told no treatment suitable and he has a few months at most, and today has gone into hospital with really high calcium levels. I cannot quite believe it he looked poorly at her Moms funeral in Dec but he had apparently not wanted to worry her with her Moms dementia and care issues.

So picked myself up a takeaway chicken biryani, really nice and now going to have a glass of Baileys no work tomorrow.

Just had a lovely message from another friend who lost her old dog Butch in August she has picked up her Chihuahua puppy 12 weeks old on Saturday and she adores him Burt is his name.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2020, 06:50 PM
Glad you spelt that right Kazz lol
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2020, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Glad you spelt that right Kazz lol
I know I wrote out a post and it went missing so did it in two halves.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-01-2020, 07:07 PM
Poor dog griff lucky you found him.
Sorry about your friends Kazz. Glad there was some positive going on.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >