Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2011, 01:58 PM

Raw Fed Dog Weights

I was just wondering what weights your dog was before feeding raw (if you can remember) and what weights they are now and how long they've been on raw.

I've just had Louie weighed. In August when he was last weighed, he was 27.7kg. That remained steady on kibble until 1st October when I switched over to raw. It's been a month (almost) since this diet started and had him weighed today and he is 27.5kg - so not much difference.. I'm not sure if I was looking for one or expecting much..
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-10-2011, 02:13 PM
Mine are the same weight as when they were on kibble but when we first changed to raw they all put on weight and it took a while to get the amounts right for a stable weight. They've been raw fed for around 18 months.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2011, 02:15 PM
Mine have both put a little weight on since changing. Cosmo has now lost that but it is hard to shift on Tango...she is a little lighter...but still needs to shift a bit.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2011, 03:10 PM
Jake was at 25kg for a while on kibble (since he stopped growing), and then when he went on his elimination diet, he dropped down to 22kg. Since being on raw, he is back up to 25kg, and remains at that weight... except during the winter when he went up to 27kg
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

23-10-2011, 03:38 PM
Pereg weighed 17 kilos on 10 April but was then started on Pb and was ravenous all the time. I started her on raw shortly afterwards, changing her kibble to a low fat one and reducing it until she is now mostly on raw.

Unfortunately she has gained a lot of weight since then, being 20.8 kg on 29 September, but that is really due to her medication etc and the effect it has had on her, so she is on as strict a diet as possible at the moment.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2011, 05:02 PM
I'm expecting Louie to go up this winter, but then all the dogs do. With the exception of Benjie, of whom the OH said "he's the same weight as Louie, perhaps lighter" today's weigh in found him at 30kg, 3-5kg overweight.. so someones in denial.

So Benjie's weigh'll be coming down, he has a thick coat so won't need blubber to keep him warm, I'll let Lou and Sadie go up a bit - which will be hard because they are both pretty active so keeping added weight on is hard.. I need to get Sadie weighed actually.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2011, 05:36 PM
i havent weighed my dogs in forever what i do know is they are both under 5kg. i just go on looks really. daph had a bit of flubber so went on a diet, asbo looks skinny all the time, and he has so much food to keep his weight up, but i think i always think hes skinny because he doesnt have hair to cover him up plus hes always on the go (hardly ever still )so its hard to keep the weight on him.
DvnBiker
Dogsey Junior

03-11-2011, 08:10 PM
One of mine needed to lose weight and has done so on raw - could never get it down on kibble. My girlie has stayed just right and my eldest boy we are still working out the amount he needs as he is still a little on the skinny side but we are getting there.
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-11-2011, 08:12 PM
I can't really say as Ranger is a pup and constantly putting on weight lol.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

03-11-2011, 08:40 PM
I was wrong with the date Pereg was last weighed, it was 20 September not 29 September.

She had gone up to 20.8kg and when she was weighed two days ago she had gone down to 20kg so she has lost 800g - not a lot but it is a start, and she definitely looks and feels a wee bit slimmer. She is very happy on raw so I am hoping that her weight will continue to drop.