View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2011, 07:24 PM
Yes I think this poor little thing is very much a living dress up doll for the little girl. She was telling me about all the clothes the dog has When her daughter came out of school she didn't even acknowledge the poor thing. In fact my children made more of a fuss of her

Oh and another thing is it has a slightly damaged ear due to the other dogs picking on it, I believe they also have some labs and cockers.

I am very concerned about the breeding bit though, obviously it will be a money making thing and not for the good of the dog or future puppies.

Anyway I think I may make a habit of talking to this Mum now and keeping an eye on the dog and I am sure I could talk the OH into having a third dog if necessary
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2011, 07:31 PM
Think two words especially re. dogs have lot to answer for these days
designer
accessory(ies)
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-02-2011, 07:32 PM
I'm not sure how people even do this though, I have two small dogs...on a terrorist who would probably vomit on me if I even thought of doing such a stupid thing, and another a traditional "handbag" breed it seems who incidentally is one of the most intelligent and easy to train dogs in the world who cops the biggest buzz out of training seshions, hates to be caried anywhere, and loves to go trashing around in fields so would probably rip out my throat if I considered something as ridiculous as dog clothes. They must start them young
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2011, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
It just makes me mad cos I know a few people in similar situations to my own who did get dogs because they wanted something to love... yet treat them as, surprisingly dogs - even though they ARE their substitutes for babies. But hey we get judged all the time for it - just hate us being lumped in the same category as the prats with canine wardrobes.

The pillocks who get dogs to put in handbags and wear daft outfits use them as dolls.
Yes but we are discussing people who dress up their dogs not people who have dogs because they wanted something to love, thats why i made the comment before. Don't most people have a dog have it because they love it ?
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2011, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
No it was in Essex!
Oh was it i must be getting it confused with another episode ........oh dear Essex well that explains it (before anyone jumps on me thats where i'm originally from) LOL
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-02-2011, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
Yes but we are discussing people who dress up their dogs not people who have dogs because they wanted something to love, thats why i made the comment before. Don't most people have a dog have it because they love it ?
But people like ME get lumped in with the dress me up doggy brigade and that's not flipping fair and YES it upsets me and for once I said something about it.

I won't bother in future since I know where I stand as a freak with a "baby".
footsieG
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-02-2011, 12:23 AM
We have two short haired chiu., in our village, and they get walked three times a day, they are really very hardy dogs if treated properly ie like a dog should be, as for the CLAWS they do need caring for, as our nails do. As for dressing dogs up ugggggggggh! My boys have wax coats for when its raining only because they take so long to dry.
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-02-2011, 06:36 AM
Yeah I want to get a coat for mine in the rain - purely because his "take two steps, shake shake shake, take two steps, shake shake shake" is getting like walking a washing machine on spin cycle.

The one concession I make to blinging up the pets is that the cat usually has a posh velvet collar on - because it's hilarious watching her strut along the back of the sofa when she gets a new one on cos she's a right little poser madam that one!
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2011, 07:48 AM
Mind you this same Mum, on seeing Ludi asked if we will be gettng him some clothes To which I replied no he is a dog and is perfectly hardy, despite his nakedness

I think people just assume toy dogs need cosseting and treating.....well.......like toys, for want of a better word
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2011, 08:28 AM
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
But people like ME get lumped in with the dress me up doggy brigade and that's not flipping fair and YES it upsets me and for once I said something about it.

I won't bother in future since I know where I stand as a freak with a "baby".
But nobody menioned anything about genuine people like you, until you did nobody has said anything about that, we are talking about people who do dress their dogs up like dolls or whatever and you have stated that you are not one of those people so whats the problem ? jeez reel your neck in !
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >