Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2009, 11:01 AM
Gosh, you lot carry a lot!

I usually take just my dogs, their leads unless we are walking straight from home, and a ball on a rope. No point taking my mobile phone, as I don't have reception in most of the places I walk and don't need poo bags in the middle of the countryside either If I go to the beach or country park etc then I do take poo bags.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2009, 11:02 AM
I carry a spare lead because we once went for a walk and Rich put the lead down whilst we played frisbee then walked off and forgot about it. It was in long grass and when we realized and went back it took half an hour to find it! Plus once we'd got off the walk we had to walk along a road up get back to the car which would'vr been difficult without a lead.

Oh and we only take the water when going to the beach as salt water doesn't seem right for a dog!
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2009, 11:03 AM
I wont let them drink out of canals or stagnant water but if it's a running stream, river or looks fairly clean then i'll ok them. It's amazing how and where they find water but mine have had no ill effects either.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2009, 11:04 AM
Originally Posted by Harry21 View Post
I just take one or two poop bags and a mobile phone incase of an emergency.

Just a quick question, Iv'e been advised that a walk should be 40 minutes to an hour. My two dog walks is less but also at a very fast pace and where I am alot of the walk is up hill. Do you think this is alright?
What age is your dog? My dogs get very varied walks in where we walk and also the length and duration. I don't think (unless your dog is a pup) there are any hard and fast rules.
Harry21
Dogsey Junior
Male 

23-04-2009, 01:53 PM
He was born 01/01/08.

I walk him twice a day, 1st one being longer. I also take him to my nans daily (she live up the road). If I drive anywhere then I'll take him with me. If he is energetic before bed then I'll play fetch for a few minutes in the garden. Thats a typical day for my Prince.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2009, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by JanieM View Post
Fair enough. But would your dog be out of control and attacking mine?

And I don't mean in the face, it's the noise and maybe the smell that might put 'em off. I might not have worded that right.
No none of mine would would be attacking yours why don't you use the corrector spray ? its not perfumed .
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-04-2009, 03:14 PM
Originally Posted by inkliveeva View Post
No none of mine would would be attacking yours why don't you use the corrector spray ? its not perfumed .
I guess I think the smell might put 'em off too.
Plus there's the added bonus of being able to use it when we pass the sewage works and the wind it blowing the wrong way .
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2009, 03:16 PM
i normally take...

2 dogs....

sorry....

i dont always carry poo bags as i forget... but my dogs dont ever poo outside.... unless its in the rough on the fields where you cant actually pick it up anyhow!

but when i remember - poo bags..
thats it
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2009, 03:19 PM
Well at the min i currently take

poop bags
mobile if im going on a long walk ( just in case )
ball on a rope
and now im taking tissues and eye drops due to hayfever ( defo not good for dog walking )
pumpkinpie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-04-2009, 07:45 PM
It depends if its a road walk I take poop bags and treat bag clipped to me. My phone in my back pocket in case school need me.
If going to the park I use a little back pack which holds a water bottle a ball plus poop bags and hand gel so I can eat my sausage cob with clean hands while with a group of walkers.
Weekend walk we take a huge backpack with a packed lunch for us. Huge bottle of water and fold up dog bowls. hand gel, Tissues. wipes you name it we have it. Treat bag is always clipped on to me.
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >