Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
Looks like we are in the minority!
Thats ok we can have 10 each!! Id like a couple Boxers with cropped ears too and a Giant Schnauzer as well as 4 Dobes, 3 Great Danes and perhaps a Bouvier!! ALL must be docked too of course!
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 09:33 PM
It's not just dobermans. I just don't think it can ever be justified... I can't see it myself, they just look mutilated to me, not 'alert'.

I can see the argument for fighting dogs, (assuming you're okay with fighting in the first place). But Min pin? Scnausers, afenpinchers.. That's just for a sense of aesthetics...

Sorry I don't think I can be convinced on this one. It's just cruel and wrong.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Thats ok we can have 10 each!! Id like a couple Boxers with cropped ears too and a Giant Schnauzer as well as 4 Dobes, 3 Great Danes and perhaps a Bouvier!! ALL must be docked too of course!
Haha true! More for us!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 09:39 PM
I am quite shocked that on a website of so-called dog lovers some people actually think cutting off half a dogs ear for costmetic reasons looks "fab". Sick.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by magpye View Post
It's not just dobermans. I just don't think it can ever be justified... I can't see it myself, they just look mutilated to me, not 'alert'.

I can see the argument for fighting dogs, (assuming you're okay with fighting in the first place). But Min pin? Scnausers, afenpinchers.. That's just for a sense of aesthetics...

Sorry I don't think I can be convinced on this one. It's just cruel and wrong.
They look absolutely awful. Poor dogs.

Mutilate the ears of the cruel owners.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 09:44 PM
I'm tempted to retaliate but the OP does state please don't, this was supposed to be just asking could it not be bred into the breed if people wanted erect ears and tbh it has been done to the death already.

Of course it's fine to do a major op like whipping out a womb or testicles for our benefit without batting an eyelid. Oh how could I compare that?

Couldn't help it, and now I really am going to bed!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
They look absolutely awful. Poor dogs.

Mutilate the ears of the cruel owners.
With 9 piercings in each, it has been noted many a time that I already have!

.............gone............
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 09:48 PM
I'm tempted to retaliate but the OP does state please don't, this was supposed to be just asking could it not be bred into the breed if people wanted erect ears and tbh it has been done to the death already.

Of course it's fine to do a major op like whipping out a womb or testicles for our benefit without batting an eyelid. Oh how could I compare that?

Couldn't help it, and now I really am going to bed!
You are kidding, right? comparing mutilating and cutting off half a dogs ears (which looks disgusting judging by pictures of those poor dogs!), done PURELY for cosmetic reasons with NO purpose other than to promote the owners ego, to neutering?
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 09:50 PM
With 9 piercings in each, it has been noted many a time that I already have!

.............gone............
A piercing isn't removing half your ear into a bizarre shape and taping them to make them stand unnaturally. Come on.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 09:59 PM
I'm afraid I do disagree with it and will still agree with neutering.

Okay I know a lot of neutering is done for the owners convenience - however, this, in my opinion, is preferable to accidents happening and the results of them cluttering up rescue centres.

There are also health benefits to neutering, in some cases behavioural benefits to neutering and, particularly in the case of castration, dogs are usually up and about very quickly indeed. Bitches take a bit longer but still it's not long before they're back to themselves.

Yes - for bitches, neutering is a major op but they don't know that and recover very quickly.

The taping and bandaging, changing the bandages and reshaping the ears to me is just plain wrong - takes a lot longer to heal as well. There are no health benefits, no benefits to dogs in general - simply to make them look the owners wants.

If they wanted an upright eared dog, they should've bought a upright eared dog!
Page 3 of 26 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »