View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tigger2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-12-2006, 01:13 PM
Thanks all and its reassuring to know its typical of springers, skyde.
As for flooding, well, I remember learning about behaviourists views on phobias in humans, they could be desensitised slowly, say for instance to spiders ( ) through pictures/video's etc OR they could alternatively use a different tactic, and expose the poor spider phobic to actually holding one, sort of 'face their fears' analogy. So I wondered if maybe taking Tigger into a very crowded place, where he would normally become really excited, would possibly diminish that reaction, 'flood' it out? I think its based on the theory that the body wont sustain itself in a state of excitement for any prolonged length of time, so eventually the stress levels drop and the behaviour changes.
Does that make more sense, probably not!
Plus as I said, Im not altogether sure if this works with dogs.
(Sorry if ive confused everyone, its a knack of mine.)

Im going to search for some super absorbant mats to hide my hall carpet over Xmas. LOL
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2006, 01:49 AM
Aww this thread made me chuckle!

Bonnie our last ESS had this problem and she only grew out of it when she was about 10 - in true Springer style!

I've no advice unfortunately, other than to run out of the house into the garden everytime you arrive home - like we used to!
Tigger2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-12-2006, 11:41 AM
Yeah it is funny sometimes. We tried popping him into the kitchen when visitors arrived as there is a safety gate between that and the hall. However, we soon found out that this didnt stop him causing a riot--he would stand up at the gate and spray it out over everyone!! Some would laugh and others looked on in complete shock and horror.

Think I may just keep the mop bucket full over Xmas.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2