View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
leospride
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-12-2006, 12:11 PM
Oh dear. I can understand where you're coming from HM, though I dispensed with newspapers after the first week because she just loved to tear them to shreds so it was much easier to scoop and mop without bits of paper
Pup is now 11 weeks and although clean through the day, and only a wee overnight now and again, for the first time last night one of the other girls poo'd in the kitchen!! Haven't a clue why as I had not long let them in and she came in on her own accord so it wasn't like she was forced in. But 5 minutes later she plopped on the mat
Touch wood *taps head* they haven't taken a fancy to eating it, though they have been known in the past to do this, although pup likes to 'play' with hers

Don't ya just love 'em
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-12-2006, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by hectorsmum View Post
tried the puppy pads last night
no wee of Hector BUT he poo'd
might try separating them for a while, back to the ear plugs!!
Hi Hectors mum to me puppy pads are the same as newspaper and not to be recommended.

Taking both dogs ouside at regular intervals and when relieving themselves is to be expected is the answer, then einforcing the wanted behaviour with rewards.
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2006, 02:37 PM
today i have lost the will to live

Hector poo'd and wee'd in his bed last night and ate bonnies.
he then wee'd in the kitchen at 11am, without reason.
i always go outside with either ( they dont always go out together) there is no rhyme nor reason why he's doing this.

the only reward he'll get of me today is a foot up his backside ( only joking!!) but thats how i feel

on top of all this the boiler broke down, so no hot water, heating or shower.

i'm going to crawl into a hole and never appear again.

totally peed off

julie
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2006, 03:14 PM
HM sorry to hear of your bad luck today, as for Hector he's probably feeling a bit left out it sounds like he wants attention, not saying he does'nt get any but even bad attention is good for some dogs...I think its part and parcel of introducing a new puppy...Hope it gets better soon and your heating gets fixed asap.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-12-2006, 03:54 PM
Aw Julie (hug) my heating is playing up too..
Ok come on positive attitude, we will sort this thing
If Hector is well/you haven't changed his food/routine/no one has left the home if could be that he has regressed because he has been stimulated by the paper on the floor and the puppy smells.

The best course of action in this instance is to treat Hector as a puppy that isn't house trained, take him out to the place you wish him to go and when he goes treat and praise. I would take the puppy out every hour/after sleep/feeding/play and when she shows a desire to relive herself by circling and sniffing the ground.Take her first then Hector , it shouldn't take him long to regain his training.

Wipe the areas that were soiled with white vinegar, then a mix of bioligical washing powder and water and I would get rid of the paper and the pads altogether.
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2006, 08:50 PM
thanks everyone

will try without the paper/pads, but i've also thought about separating them for a while until bonnie is night dry. she is day dry, even when left for a short while, ie, tescos.
it might break his habit!

the boiler has been looked at by BG and it looks like i need a new one as this one is breaking down every month with the same problem. manager is coming to see me tomorrow, but boiler wont be working til tuesday as a new part needs ordering.
so we'll smell to high heaven by then LOL!!!
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2006, 10:44 AM
i split them up last night, no noise from bonnie, BUT hector poo'd in his bed then lay in it.

there was blood as well so i'm off to the vets tonight to get him checked out before it goes any further.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2