Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-03-2008, 03:22 PM

Grrrrrr!!! I'm mad at Ollie.

Had a lovely walk up until nearly home and he decided to do what he use to do lay down and refuse to budge. Everytime I grabbed his harness to hoik him up he rolled onto his back and mouthed me not biting just mouthing.
So I left him there walked round the corner he didn't move walked up the path towards the house he still laid there, I cut back onto the field got him up and growled at him what a naughty boy he was, slapped his bum as he came in the gate probably a pat to him and he is now sitting outside the back door waiting for me to let him in which I might in a minute.
Needed to get that off my chest.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2008, 04:30 PM
oh ollie - you norty thing - i hope you let him in now !!

they are trying arent they !!!!
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2008, 04:34 PM
Oh i am sorry, had a bit of a chuckle. They say keep pulling and don't stop but i know how hard that is when they weigh so much, it doesn't leave you much choice does it.

The only thing that i thought of (having had so many problems with jess)) are his legs ok, there wouldn't be a problem and that is why he doesn't want to walk. Maybe bit of arthritus. Just thinking out loud really as the only time jess sat down was when she was sore but at the time never realised she may have been sore.

Now go and be a nice mummy and let him in....you know you want to.
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2008, 04:40 PM
Oh Ollie what are you doing to your mum you should try and be a good boy

I hope you feel better now Lynn x (((hugs)))
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2008, 04:40 PM
Sorry but I too had a wee laugh as my mums Newf carries on like that if he doesn't want to do things.Usually she bribes him into moving,xxxxxxxxxxx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2008, 04:42 PM
Oh Ollie That conjures up such lovely pictures!!
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-03-2008, 04:50 PM
Sorry I had to laugh, I remember years ago seeing a golden lie down and refuse to move, very funny to watch but wouldnt want to be in that situation myself.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-03-2008, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by shiba View Post
Oh i am sorry, had a bit of a chuckle. They say keep pulling and don't stop but i know how hard that is when they weigh so much, it doesn't leave you much choice does it.

The only thing that i thought of (having had so many problems with jess)) are his legs ok, there wouldn't be a problem and that is why he doesn't want to walk. Maybe bit of arthritus. Just thinking out loud really as the only time jess sat down was when she was sore but at the time never realised she may have been sore.

Now go and be a nice mummy and let him in....you know you want to.
I use to think that when he was younger. But it is being stubborn when Ollie does it he had been fine up the woods and discovering a new field 15 mins before.
I am always keeping an eye on his joints as like you that is one of my worries.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-03-2008, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
oh ollie - you norty thing - i hope you let him in now !!

they are trying arent they !!!!
I let him in as soon as I finished typing.

Originally Posted by Trixy View Post
Oh Ollie what are you doing to your mum you should try and be a good boy

I hope you feel better now Lynn x (((hugs)))
Thanks feeling better now and we are Friends again and he has had his tea.

Originally Posted by boobah View Post
Sorry but I too had a wee laugh as my mums Newf carries on like that if he doesn't want to do things.Usually she bribes him into moving,xxxxxxxxxxx
Bribing didn't work this time I am afraid. Usually does. He was really pushing his luck he is coming up for 21 months think he is getting a few last naughty boy tricks in.

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Oh Ollie That conjures up such lovely pictures!!
Should of had the camera not sure who you would of laughed at most Ollie laying on his back all 4 paws in the air or me stomping off down the field.

Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
Sorry I had to laugh, I remember years ago seeing a golden lie down and refuse to move, very funny to watch but wouldnt want to be in that situation myself.
I always use to be the one everyone laughed at when he was younger as he would just lay down and refuse to budge, he didn't weigh so much then and it was difficult to get him up. He doesn't want to think about starting that again.
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2008, 05:32 PM
That must have been like trying to move a house when he decided to do that! It's moments like that when you could almost wish for a bee to sting them on the bum so the leap up and move.

Big hugs to you. None for Ollie though, I don't praise bad behaviour.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >