register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: What chips do you have?
Don't eat chips 2 5.56%
Eat oven chips 11 30.56%
Eat home made chips 12 33.33%
Eat frozen chips 2 5.56%
Eat chips from the chippy 9 25.00%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2010, 02:24 PM
I used to lurve home-made chips, deep fried in lard in a good old fashioned chip pan - nothing beats them.

However..... in my efforts to lose weight and get a bit healthier, we switched to oven chips a year ago. At first I found them totally boring and naff. Now, I love them but I still have my chip pan....... (never say never, and all that )

The best chips ever, IMO, are Harry Ramsden's which are deep fried in beef dripping...... LUSH!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2010, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
PS when I saw the heading of your thread and that there was a poll, I thought the poll options were going to be 'Daddy or Chips' - do you remember that advert?
I remember it, Fiona. The answer was "chips", as it should be
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2010, 03:11 PM
I couldnt not answer the poll, the answer for me is ..

all of thee above lol

though a lot less often these days after shedding all that flab.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2010, 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
you should've allowed multiple choice in the voting....my answer is 'all of the above' (except the 'I don't eat chips one)

Chip buttie is right up there in my list of favourite foods. Oven chips aren't nearly as good as home made or chip shop chips, but they are less fatty, so we do have them more often than not.

(PS when I saw the heading of your thread and that there was a poll, I thought the poll options were going to be 'Daddy or Chips' - do you remember that advert? )
I am the same all but dont eat chips!
Ohh yeah a nice chip buttie yuuummmyy!
That advert was a goodun
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2010, 03:36 PM
I voted for homemade chips, can't be doing with those frozen ones, they are just not the same. Chippy chips come second though I have a deep fat fryer, it's stainless steel and very easy to clean. I'm a bit nervous of chip pans after the last one caught fire, but that was my fault entirely

ETA The fat is beef dripping..I know, I know but it makes the chips taste fantasitc, don't do oil, it goes all sticky and yucky!!!!
xxxxx
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4