View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2009, 04:54 PM
I stuck our house on My Property and I was surprised at the interest I had over the phone. However, it was all too late by then, coz we'd doubled the size of it by going upstairs but I couldn't quite fathom out how to take it off!!! It's still on there I think!!

We put up a board outside our guest house I do remember and we actually sold it ourselves even though we were already with an estate agent, but we managed to prove to them that this was OUR buyer coz he wasn't on their mailing list, so sold it privately. Saved a ton of money too.

I would NEVER use an agent again either. Afterall, what do they do for their money apart from stick a small ad in once or twice, print out some tacky details and wait for the phone to ring, then have the cheek to ask for 3% or even 4% some places down here!!! It's outrageous for the work they put in.

I sold my mum's villa in Menorca years ago by putting an ad in the Dalton's Weekly and it went like a hotcake, cash buyer, sold within a month! Dalton's Weekly is brilliant now that they have internet access (they didn't in those days only the paper), you can stick photo's up as well as a good write up of your own. I put mum's apartment in Majorca on there, but never got much response, but then that's Spain, nobody wanted to buy in Spain 3 years ago did they and even more so now.

Go for it Lucky, do it yourself and good luck!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2009, 04:56 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
We use to sell our houses sole Agency and they normally have an agreed time you sign for so would be worth checking if that is the case with your Mum and and Dads house and how long they signed for.
Thank you Lynn, I will do that.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2009, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Go for it Lucky, do it yourself and good luck!
Blimey you did well on your own!!! Thanks for that info, I will look into Dalton's Weekly. Never even thought of that!
heavensent
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-03-2009, 09:51 PM
Hi, we have sold 3houses privately..dont know if its different in scotland but i think as long as you kind of house doctor them and have a figure in mind...we sold all ours for fixed prices and first person through every time bought 1st time..it saves people getting beaten by someone and saves you money by doing it yourself...just get a good solicitor who will do all the work for you..hope this helps
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2009, 08:30 AM
Thanks for the advice, Heavensent.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2009, 07:13 AM
I've just sold my cottage on ebay..I shall be putting Clives house on there later today. I have sold my last 3 properties privately..I advertised them on free advertising sites and also put a board outside the house with my mobile phone number on. All previous sales have gone through without a hitch and, fingers crossed, the sale of my current property is following the trend.

If you want the links to the sites I used just pm me and I will send them to you.

Good luck
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2