Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2021, 12:48 PM

Daily Monday 22.11.21

Good Afternoon all

Given how busty I have been this morning and the weather being so lovely suspect you are all out and about or in Sue's case running around being a builder/interior decorator/job a mom.

Anyhow as I say busy here up and out with her Gertieness lovely walk back for marmite toast & coffee. Popped the washing in and then while waiting vacuumed the hall stairs landing; put that out and then popped Gert's bedding in the machine then back out with Gert.

Came back and blow vacuumed all the leaves in the back and front garden down the side and a neighbour opposites front, and I now have 5 bags of shredded leaves ready to mulch down leaf compost (gorgeous stuff if of like me you like gardening) put my lunch in sea bass with tarragon and butter in a paper bag just waiting to finish that eat it take Gert out again and off to work for 3pm.

Hope you are having such a lovely day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-11-2021, 01:23 PM
Afternoon busty Kazz.
You have been busy and lunch sounds delicious, enjoy the rest of your day.
griff hope all is well in your neck of the woods.
Sue hope all is going well at the house.
Moyra hope you are feeling a bit better today.
brenda hope your day is going well and you enjoyed your walk.
Chris hope you are continuing to get well and that Rosie is to.

Back from vet Dillon has lost a kg in 4 weeks his weight just keeps dropping.
Saw a lovely vet to give him his Librela injection and we were discussing everything and she said to try my next trick of giving him his last Pardale around 9-9.30 pm to see if that helps get him through the night.
He wasn't to bad last night but still needed company and to go out and stay out for a while, had to be the cabin as it ws raining here at 2am. When he did come back in about 2.30 he settled till about 6 am.
He is back on the 2nd for a blood test the vet thinks his kidney disease may be escalating and that is why his weight is dropping. He will of course be weighed again and we will discuss whether the Pardale later helps him if not she will prescribe Gabapentin, for night time it won't upset his kidneys it's similar to the pardale and Librela that way but will help his pain and sedate him lightly. He will only take it last thing at night and the Pardale during the day.
She complimented me on how well kept he is and looks despite his age and his health issues.
She said she can feel every bone in his body which of course I can to. So something is going on underlying.
His lovely thick coat hides that issue so unless you run your hands over him you wouldn't know.
So we are a little quiet and concerned but not surprised.

Stay safe everyone.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2021, 02:16 PM
Good afternoon all.

Are you bragging Kazz. Busty indeed

Oh Lynn, not the news you want, but hopefully our boy will rally and keep on going for a while yet in comfort

I'm not bad. The biopsy was negative so the Rheumatologist has ruled out Giant Cell Arteritis and ruled in as a definite Trigeminal Neuragia. I'm a bit concerned as steroids aren't really supposed to help TN, but they have stopped the symptoms until today when the headache is back with a vengeance. Steroid dosage was reduced on Saturday.

Got new appointments for the eye injections. First one is December 15th. My eyes are deteriorating daily so I hope they hold out until then and the injections work.

Rosie is really well today thank heavens
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-11-2021, 04:17 PM
Awwww Chris fingers crossed everything works out well for the eyes. Hope the headache eases soon.
Glad Rosie is better.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2021, 04:38 PM
Good afternoon everyone

Busy as usual then Kazz

Hope your eyes hold out until the injections Chris and they can sort out your headache too. Pleased Rosie is back to normal

Back at the coalface today. Project manager and plumber there doing the snagging so they are now finished. Managed to gloss the shelves and cupboard Ben has built and finish and gloss on the skirting boards in the lounge. Also second coat on lounge side of door and another one on both sides of the bathroom door. Tomorrow plan to put another coat of emulsion on hall and downstairs cloakroom and also mask up the skirting , walls and shelves for Ben to paint his faux fireplace.Hopefully a second coat on the cupboard and shelves and then the lounge is finished. Now on the home stretch as the hall, downstairs cloak and kitchen can be done even when they are fitting the carpet.

Have a good evening
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-11-2021, 05:44 PM
Wow Sue guess your ready for bed.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2021, 05:45 PM
So glad it's all coming together Sue. It's good that the finishing post is now well and truly in sight.

The hospital phoned and brought the injections forward. First one next Tuesday. Dreading it, but it has to be done. Wouldn't be so bad if I could close my eyes throughout

Booster jabs tomorrow. Will be glad to get them over and done with
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-11-2021, 06:58 PM
Mixed feelings about that then Chris. Rock and a hard place for you.
We have our boosters on Thursday.