Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
John Bull
Dogsey Junior
Male 

26-10-2009, 11:32 AM

Now hear this - Now hear this - This is NO Drill

Having spent a lifetime in a very technical environment involving advanced studies etc. I appear to have acquired a most peculiar activity. CRAP watching !

Since I first had a dog in 1972, this involvement in biological waste has become a major part of my everyday life.

You may think it is easy to just look at these excretions - Oh no ! It is like being a judge at an ice skating contest.

Context, consistency, artistic impression, quality and all the parameters of judgement come into it. Then having arrived at this aesthetic and highly technical scorecard, it is the verdict - the good, the bad, or the ugly.

That is the dog owners legacy for telling whether Bonzo is OK or firing on one cylinder.

Do you all have to engage in this most exhilerating sport ?

John Bull
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-10-2009, 11:41 AM
Yes indeedy! It's amazing how crap conscious you get when you have a dog and how you end up talking to other dog owners about the subject too without any feelings of embarrassment at all (unless your dog has just produced something unpickupable and then is is quite embarrassing).

It's a great way to tell that you're feeding them right I think.
Labman
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-10-2009, 12:07 PM
Had I not been cleaning up the yard, I would have never known what happened to my one heavy wool sock.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2009, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by Labman View Post
Had I not been cleaning up the yard, I would have never known what happened to my one heavy wool sock.
ha! that made me laugh
tokiayla
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2009, 01:12 PM
One of my favourite hobbies.
My family pretty much do daily reports to each other!
If my OH takes him out (hardly ever!) he comes back to find me hands on hips at the back door 'Well?' If he hasn't even noticed him going, then I am extremely disappointed!
I tell everyone I meet about the latest study.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2009, 02:28 PM
The best thing is when you have to get a stick to give a good prod and poke then go mmmmmm.....

YUP been there and do that often
bingowings
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-10-2009, 03:40 PM
I watch them carefully to see if I need to add something to their diet such as more bone or offal. When they do perfect poos (pretty much all the time) I feel smug when I only need to do one swipe to pick it up whilst watching others trying to gather up a gooey mess and chuckling to myself
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2009, 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by tokiayla View Post
One of my favourite hobbies.
My family pretty much do daily reports to each other!
If my OH takes him out (hardly ever!) he comes back to find me hands on hips at the back door 'Well?' If he hasn't even noticed him going, then I am extremely disappointed!
I tell everyone I meet about the latest study.
Oh I'm soooo with you on this one! When my husband greets me in the morning moaning about how one of the dogs got him up in the night , I'm not worried about his lack of sleep, no, I have to know who and where, coz having two dogs, I have to know who did which one sitting out on the drive, if ya see what I mean!!! He would never know either coz he said he was more interested in getting back into bed than watching them taking a dump, but I've got him well trained now, coz it's always the first thing he tells me in the morning, i.e who went where and when, and that's all I want to know at that time of day!!!

Fascinating subject, I can never tire of it!
ndidi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-10-2009, 06:04 PM
I am also a avid crap watcher and occasionally partake in a game of hunt the crap. Especially on the darker evening and when Ellen is walking behind me. I turn just in time to see her rise from her crapping position. I then spend the next few minutes walking backward and forward bag in hand, eyes fixated on the grounds trying to find the relevant crap. As only my one will do not the many other deposited around the place by other dogs.

Ndidi
buzzie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-10-2009, 06:08 PM
Yes, it is a real mirror into their overall health.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >