View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2011, 01:37 PM
'hollywood' is just a place..unless the dog belonged to a 'star' i really cant see the trophy bit
in a large country like america whether u agree or not dogs are often flown unseen.

its her choice if she wanted to spend money flying the dog,sometimes something steals your heart and no other will do.

as far as emails go... does she have to answer u? does she even have the email addy anymore.......
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-06-2011, 02:14 PM
She is my twin sister who had not been in contact with me for a very long time - not since the evening before our Mother was dying and then the following morning to say Mother had died. And that was quite a few years ago, with very little correspondence since then.

The reasons for us not being in contact are not applicable to this forum - until all of a sudden this email about the dog.

Why?

Previous emails had sent photos of her cross-country skiing, rock walking, all the things that she knows that I can never do - as if saying "see what I can do and you cannot". Trying to belittle me.

And then "my rescue dog is better than your mutt because mine is a proper cross and not a mongrel and came from Hollywood, even having to tell me which airline.

My Little One was rescued from a home on the Moshav, where their poor girl produced litter after litter and most never rescued therefore they just "vanished" overnight. And I carried her home in my pocket.

Pereg? Her pregnant dam was picked up as an unwanted stray, and I rescued the only puppy of the litter - her dam, litter mates and all other young dogs being hit by Parvo within days after I brought Pereg home, in a taxi, and yes, she was probably harbouring it as she had diabolical squits all over the bungalow, floor, walls, everywhere, but she got over it with a lot of care and help from my Vet.

My Little One was not a trophy rescue - she was the pup I thought I would never be able to have again, and then, as she got older and I realised she would not live forever, I started looking for another little unwanted mutt. And then I was told about Pereg, but I went to see her, I chose her, and I brought her home.

My sister knows where I live. She knows my email address. She knows my telephone number.

She is, I am afraid, a person who is "everything I have and/or can do is so much better than you".

And she has ignored all emails since telling me to get rid of my beloved epi dog and get another one, and my response that epi or not, I love Pereg.

Family? You can keep them.

I just hope that she kept that dog.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2011, 02:16 PM
Well none of us on here had the backstory, but even so, it's your guess based on your opinion of your sister. No one can know her true intent, not even you, but you've obviously made up your mind so not quite sure why you asked the question?
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2011, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
She is my twin sister who had not been in contact with me for a very long time - not since the evening before our Mother was dying and then the following morning to say Mother had died. And that was quite a few years ago, with very little correspondence since then.

The reasons for us not being in contact are not applicable to this forum - until all of a sudden this email about the dog.

Why?

Previous emails had sent photos of her cross-country skiing, rock walking, all the things that she knows that I can never do - as if saying "see what I can do and you cannot". Trying to belittle me.

And then "my rescue dog is better than your mutt because mine is a proper cross and not a mongrel and came from Hollywood, even having to tell me which airline.

My Little One was rescued from a home on the Moshav, where their poor girl produced litter after litter and most never rescued therefore they just "vanished" overnight. And I carried her home in my pocket.

Pereg? Her pregnant dam was picked up as an unwanted stray, and I rescued the only puppy of the litter - her dam, litter mates and all other young dogs being hit by Parvo within days after I brought Pereg home, in a taxi, and yes, she was probably harbouring it as she had diabolical squits all over the bungalow, floor, walls, everywhere, but she got over it with a lot of care and help from my Vet.

My Little One was not a trophy rescue - she was the pup I thought I would never be able to have again, and then, as she got older and I realised she would not live forever, I started looking for another little unwanted mutt. And then I was told about Pereg, but I went to see her, I chose her, and I brought her home.

My sister knows where I live. She knows my email address. She knows my telephone number.

She is, I am afraid, a person who is "everything I have and/or can do is so much better than you".

And she has ignored all emails since telling me to get rid of my beloved epi dog and get another one, and my response that epi or not, I love Pereg.

Family? You can keep them.

I just hope that she kept that dog.
seems to me u have the hangup about the trophy bit,a crossbreed is a crossbreed and a rescue is a rescue
yes its a great thing you did with your lovely girl.
i see it as a 'trick question'

i agree with Krlyr.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2