Our sister sites
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-06-2011, 01:16 PM

Don't put your dog on a lead...

...when you are out with me!

I'm in the dog house.

Out this morning walking down the track, we saw a lady coming the other way. OH put Simon on his lead (Flexi). I saw she had one dog on lead and one off, and as I was holding Jake's tuggy toy, I knew he wasn't going to be a problem. We stopped to one side and the off lead dog came over to say hello. Jake said a quick hello, then turned his attention to more important matters - his toy

Anyway, we all said "hello", and lady and dogs passed by. At this point I seem to have suffered a brainstorm, as I did what I usually do, and chucked Jake's toy in the opposite direction, completely forgetting that Simon was still attached to OH...

Now, OH is slightly disabled and has poor balance and walks with a stick. Simon shot off, quickly followed by OH. By the time he had the presence of mind to drop the lead, it was too late. He teetered a bit, then fell face first in the only muddy puddle in sight, which also seems to have been lined with sharp stones.

He's OK, and has actually been very forgiving about the fact his hands were all cut and he had to walk all the way home plastered in mud.

So, if you see me when you are out with your dog, I'd advise you to steer well clear!
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2011, 01:22 PM
I'm not laughing ... well not loud enough you can hear me where you live at least.

Heidi
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-06-2011, 02:18 PM
Oh dear, poor OH!

I've done it a million times while holding the lead myself. Dog still on lead, throw toy and all of a sudden you're being pulled towards the toy at lightening speed!
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2011, 02:21 PM
I'm not laughing either!!!!!!!!!

Poor OH - what were you thinking
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2011, 04:45 PM
Sorry had to laugh! That is the kind of thing i would do, dont think my oh would be too forgiving tho!
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2011, 07:11 PM
Oh, your poor OH! i have done that before, but thankfully the dog has never pulled someone right over!