Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 11:21 AM
yay go Buttons

gosh some people can be so ott....yes a floatation device for an oldie..or possibly a harness to grab him out...but a fd for a fit and healthy spaniel

and yes i have experience, as in dogs that swim and i was a HT.
Jessi Clark
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 09:23 PM
Yay go Buttons!! Funny you should post this as just this weekend my pair disappeared over a slope in the direction of the river, which they've done before and I've never worried as we deliberately walk along the very top path as far away from the water as possible, however when I whistled they both came back absolutely soaked to the skin, Chester had obviously leapt in completely taking advantage since he's a bit of a water baby and his faithful follower would have happily jumped in after him ! I didn't actually see them swimming but the council have just reinforced the bank and put a few slopes with lots of grip so they're very dog friendly, think I might have to take them back tomorrow and control their access but then I can at least see what's going on!! Sounds like the harness that Buttons is wearing is fine for hoisting him out of the canal and he's a young, fit spaniel so would imagine you'll have more problems keeping him out than getting him out when he's done!!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 09:52 PM
LOL, he's a spaniel! Of course he's going to be water daft...

My grandad's lad Laddie was so daft on water and because Grandad wasn't fit for it would rarely get anywhere he could go in water...so one day we walked him and took him down to a beach...well he found the biggest deepest puddle of water on the way there and stood right in the middle and refused to come out....I had to go in and get him...he was standing looking at us with a daft grin on his face!

We of course, expect loads of pics!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2011, 05:35 AM
Sounds like he's becoming a potential water-baby, Rachel

Harley & Me
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-06-2011, 12:29 PM
aww what a clever boy for swimming that is, must of been a shock to you though. Looks like Buttons might of caught the water bug and become a water baby!

I think let Buttons swim but just let him know he has to check/ask first. Harley just loves to swim and its so sweet seeing him have so much fun!

Rose x

Ps> Sorry for dragging up post, was looking for fudge pics and came across this and had to read/reply .
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2011, 01:58 PM
Well done Buttons. Time to start building your arm muscles up now, soggy doggies are heavy when you have to haul them out. What a shock for you though.

Heidi
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2011, 02:04 PM
I think you will have trouble keeping Buttons out of the water now he has got a taste. Spaniels usually love water, clean or otherwise One water baby there definitely
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2