Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Joanne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-09-2006, 08:32 AM

Where have all the dogs gone?

Has anyone else noticed now its getting colder and darker that there are less people and dogs on their regular walk?

The last couple of weeks I have noticed that there are far fewer people out than in the summer!!

I go to our local forest park every day - rain, hail or shine and usually in the winter it's just the same few faces and paws I see each day. Then in the summer the 'fair-weather walkers' all start to come out again!!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-09-2006, 08:38 AM
Yes you are right, I see fewer and fewer dog walkers as the weather changes. I think these people must have a special species the hibernate in the Winter, then bring them out again in the Summer
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2006, 08:45 AM
Yes i agree,we have seen fewer dogs out over the last couple of weeks,there's a guy with 4 dogs has no control over any of them and you only see him when the sun's out,you never see him when it's windy or raining,saying that theres quite a few around here you never see out when the weathers bad.
Not complaining though cos the majority of them are a pain,so it's nice to take Tyler out with out any aggro off other dogs and there stupid owners.
Joanne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-09-2006, 08:55 AM
Originally Posted by nissanmad View Post
Not complaining though cos the majority of them are a pain,so it's nice to take Tyler out with out any aggro off other dogs and there stupid owners.
I noticed that as well - the summer only walkers tend to just turn their dogs loose in the park and when they start harassing other dogs just walk on oblivious.

Also the amount of dog poo left on the ground decreases in the winter - could also be all the rain that washes it off the paths though!!
Joanne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-09-2006, 08:56 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
I think these people must have a special species the hibernate in the Winter, then bring them out again in the Summer
Makes you wonder if these dogs get walked at all over the winter?
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2006, 08:58 AM
they def don't round here. I think they hibernate...
mine would tear the house down if I didn't walk them, no way would I be allowed!!
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2006, 09:05 AM
Originally Posted by Joanne View Post
I noticed that as well - the summer only walkers tend to just turn their dogs loose in the park and when they start harassing other dogs just walk on oblivious.

Also the amount of dog poo left on the ground decreases in the winter - could also be all the rain that washes it off the paths though!!
Don't start me off about dog poo,i am really fed up with irresponsible owners not picking up after there dogs,i was going out the other day and there were two lots right outside our gates And around the lake there is loads of it,they have signs up and poo bins but they don't use them,makes me so angry. We have seen one woman drive down to the park/lake open the car doors let the dogs out for all of 5 mins when they have done there poo's she shouts them back and drives off.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2006, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by nissanmad View Post
Don't start me off about dog poo,i am really fed up with irresponsible owners not picking up after there dogs,i was going out the other day and there were two lots right outside our gates And around the lake there is loads of it,they have signs up and poo bins but they don't use them,makes me so angry. We have seen one woman drive down to the park/lake open the car doors let the dogs out for all of 5 mins when they have done there poo's she shouts them back and drives off.

i just dont understand people who have dogs and the one thing they dont enjoy doing with them is walking them ???isnt that the difference between having a dog and say a cat ??

even when bruno is being his most vile with other dogs I still feel guillty if he hasnt had a decent walk. Even a 10 min jaunt round the block beats staying in the house ALL day.

these people shouldnt have dogs
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2006, 09:39 AM
It was horrible here last night, but on went the wellies, waterproof trousers and jacket and off we went to the beach. Max loves jumping in the little pools the tide leaves behind and chasing seagulls and came back filthy. I was covered in mud splatter and freezing, but just knowing that Max has enjoyed himself is worth it!
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-09-2006, 07:58 PM
lol-i call them 'fair weather walkers' Joanne!

I've always joked about people walking their dogs round country parks,fields,lakes etc etc soon as summers here,but during winter-they're lucky to get a 10 minute walk!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >