Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2009, 03:59 PM

Ben has had quite a day

he went to the vets for flea drops plus more painkillers.
anyway we had to go by bus, well when the bus turned up sir started singing, he dont like the noise of the engine. so theres me with my hands over his ears and trying to get on the bus. then he spotted a toddler in a buggy. ooooh children my favorite. can i lick its ear.?? no ben leave it be. gets him up the end of the bus and everyone wants to stroke him so it was quite difficult. settles him down. bikkis came in handy.
then we get to the vets. im early but thought thats ok. but it was packed. 1 dog was barking like mad at everyone. all ben wants to do is play with the elderly german shepard behind us. lots of tail wagging.

then a woman comes straight in with her poor little terrier. shes shaking. the dogs shaking, it had been bitten by an adder. so she went straight in. no messing.
there had been a couple of other emergencys b4 i had got there.
ben got friendly with a black lab. and between the 2 of them they managed to stink us all out, both dogs had wind.YEA NICE.
but while we was waiting the lady with the german shepard came out, in tears. with the dogs lead, no dog. so sad
i dont know weather it was a boy or a girl. but run free R.I.P it had lived for a good time and was very much loved. but its always a sad time isnt it.
so a real mix of ups and downs. i suppose its just another day in the vets surgery.
oh ben settled down quite happily on the bus home. hes now worn out,(so am i)
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2009, 04:38 PM
How sad. But I have to say, that when we had our elderly cat put down recently, I went out the back door of the vets, not through the waiting room. If I would have had to have walked through the waiting room with an empty basket I would have lost it...
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2009, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
How sad. But I have to say, that when we had our elderly cat put down recently, I went out the back door of the vets, not through the waiting room. If I would have had to have walked through the waiting room with an empty basket I would have lost it...
i dont think she was thinking straight she just ran out crying. felt for her. i know that feeling horrible
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2009, 06:56 PM
Run free x

No wonder Ben is flaked out now, love your description of the bus trip