View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2009, 05:57 PM

can't think why there are so many dogs in rescue!

just seen this ad on a website:

I am looking for a Border Collie puppy aged below a year old, or anything else that's cute or/and fluffy eg. akita, husky, staff, pug, boxer. I don't want no mixed breeds. The price range would have to be free. Thanks.

How thick are these people? Should there be a basic dog care competence test to pass before you get a dog? Methinks yes there should.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2009, 06:14 PM
Jesus, that one takes the biscuit.

Just googled and found the ad.... love the title 'I need a puppy'
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2009, 06:15 PM
Seen it all now
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2009, 06:17 PM
I read that twice, as I couldn't believe my eyes
danielle0211
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-03-2009, 06:20 PM
Anyone who offers a puppy to an ad like that needs their head testing as well! I really hope this person doesnt get a dog!
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2009, 06:22 PM
Oh dear, I've never been to this website but now know why you all avoid it.

Shar pei cross rotti bitch lookin for stud

hi im lookin for a stud for my name lea but she aint ready yet im just lookin for now im looking for a dark skined shar pei because she has the markins of a rotti the strenth of one but the looks of a shar pei if your interested please contact me with a pic of ur dog thank you.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.
malwhit
Dogsey Junior
Male 

01-03-2009, 06:23 PM
There are loads of adverts like this on Preloved - usually they have children (usually ill/disabled) who have lost a "much missed" pet recently and they can not afford to pay, but can offer a great home.

Oddly enough they always want a pedigree that is un-neutered.....and if you look at their previous ads they have often recently advertised a litter or dogs for sale.

I would not just like a test for prospective dog owners - but also one for potential (human) parents with compulsory neutering for those who fail!
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2009, 06:26 PM
Oh my lord it get's worse!

Hi our names are kitty and cat sadly we havent had a good start in life as we where dumped by someone and where trapped under a garden shed for 2 days. we where nearly eaten by a rottweiler but where lucky enough to be rescued. we have been here for a week and no one has claimed us so we have been to the vet and wormed defleaded and fed up to the right weight. we have also been litter trained we are around 12-16 weeks old and are brother and sister so must go together. Sadly our rescuers cant keep us as we are now terrified of dogs. we are up for sale as my rescuers want us to go to a good home and wouldnt want anything bad to happen to us again!

So they are selling them for £80 no offers.

I'd better stop before I get told off for copying these adverts.... and before my blood boils!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2009, 07:03 PM
I was `given` an old GSD to rehome once when her owner had died. One of the places we went to homecheck was a bare flat (you could have ploughed the `carpet`) with just an enormous TV and a dirty couch. And 6 kids peeping through the stair-rails. I said...I thought you said you didn`t have children? This dog isn`t used to children.
She replied...`Nah, s`awright...they`re in care usually`
I kept the dog
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2009, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I was `given` an old GSD to rehome once when her owner had died. One of the places we went to homecheck was a bare flat (you could have ploughed the `carpet`) with just an enormous TV and a dirty couch. And 6 kids peeping through the stair-rails. I said...I thought you said you didn`t have children? This dog isn`t used to children.
She replied...`Nah, s`awright...they`re in care usually`
I kept the dog
is there a smiley for jaw dropping?? dont think there is but seriously??????

glad you kept the dog.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >