View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
trixi
New Member!
Female 

04-02-2009, 09:42 PM
Fact gumbo is a much loved pet he was shown as a youngster but has not been shown for at least a year or more he is not a show dog just a loved pet
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2009, 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by trixi View Post
Fact gumbo is a much loved pet he was shown as a youngster but has not been shown for at least a year or more he is not a show dog just a loved pet
Or is that hearsay

We don't know he hasn't been shown, we don't know he is a much loved pet

I do agree however that yes people who watch any programme won't necessarily think oh thats the real life, but there are people who especially at the curent time may, and yes i do say may, think oh thats a great idea, with no health tests and no pedigree papers etc etc.

I doubt everyone who watches eastenders with an entire male dog will think like that, but if 1 does then its 1 too many IMHO
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2009, 09:50 PM
Makes mental note to self - hearsay becomes a fact when you write Fact before it
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2009, 09:53 PM

Ahhh. .....i get it now....you personally know the owner!

can you prove you FACT, beings you like hard facts and proof
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2009, 09:58 PM
Good god, trixi!

Fact: I'm not even going to dignify you with an answer or explanation. No point.
trixi
New Member!
Female 

04-02-2009, 09:58 PM
no need to just giving out a FACT and NOT hearsay
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2009, 10:06 PM
Surely it is just hearsay to us though

hear⋅say
/ˈhɪərˌseɪ/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [heer-sey]
–noun
1. unverified, unofficial information gained or acquired from another and not part of one's direct knowledge
2. an item of idle or unverified information or gossip; rumor: a malicious hearsay.
–adjective

But as this thread was about someones feelings towards what had been portrayed in a tv programme (fact - I watched it) and that they were upset by it (fact - I read their post) I fail to see why we are even debating hearsay or non hearsay (fact)

The OP was upset by what she saw and voiced her concerns if you disagree fine (others have before you) and if you agree great - email the bbc.(again others have)

I am sure we could start a debate in non dog chat about truth hearsay and believing the media but this thread is or was about the portrayal of an irresponsible attitude to breeding - fact
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2009, 10:07 PM
So you know his owners?
trixi
New Member!
Female 

04-02-2009, 10:16 PM
no not at all wish i did would love to meet gumbo face to face, was just trying to put my point accross about fact and fiction, i read that quote somewhere on net! but as someone has just said this is not about fact or not fact, so i dont know about anyone else im getting bored with fact or hearsay bla bla bla really should get back to the point of all this.
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2009, 10:18 PM
I think the point Westie was originally trying to make is purely that a programme that is watched by millions, has promoted breeding for money, end of. Nothing to do with where the dog has come from or whether he is a show dog or pet.

I think she has every right to feel passionately about it and complain if she feels the need and we as dog lovers should support her.

Yes, there are alot worse things happening in the world (or maybe thats just hearsay) but what if we all turned a blind eye to everything, where would we all be then??
Page 7 of 19 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 > Last »