View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2009, 09:22 PM
ha ha calm down calm down, if thats what you think thats fine i'm just saying i think theres been alot more thought provoking issues on that programme thats all ! just my opinion ! thats allowed too ! OINK OINK
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2009, 09:31 PM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
ha ha calm down calm down, if thats what you think thats fine i'm just saying i think theres been alot more thought provoking issues on that programme thats all ! just my opinion ! thats allowed too ! OINK OINK
I am calm, thanks. Just annoyed.

Yes, there are other major issues in the programme that I do have an opinion about, but this is a dog site and I happened to bring up a dog related issue which I thought we'd feel strongly about. Couldn't really bring other issues in to this thread that don't involve dogs, could I?
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2009, 09:38 PM
I really hate the gumbo storyline- him just turning up at a dog show and entered and won-how ridiculous! and what first annoyed me was when phil came in saying that bradley had to pay for the 'pedigree stuff' food and its 'expensive' and then produced a fish wrapper sized bag of dog food!! how longs that meant to feed him for? a day? i know its petty but i have to turn it off everytime it comes on now!
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2009, 09:39 PM
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2009, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by gsdmad View Post
I really hate the gumbo storyline- him just turning up at a dog show and entered and won-how ridiculous! and what first annoyed me was when phil came in saying that bradley had to pay for the 'pedigree stuff' food and its 'expensive' and then produced a fish wrapper sized bag of dog food!! how longs that meant to feed him for? a day? i know its petty but i have to turn it off everytime it comes on now!
Just a few of the ridiculous, unrealistic parts to that specific storyline!
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2009, 10:10 PM
I find it interesting that Eastenders chose a show St Bernard and this story line as the St Bernard was one of the dogs in their disputed list when withdrawing from Crufts.

Now I know that Eastenders is just a soap but does seem strange to me
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2009, 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
I find it interesting that Eastenders chose a show St Bernard and this story line as the St Bernard was one of the dogs in their disputed list when withdrawing from Crufts.

Now I know that Eastenders is just a soap but does seem strange to me
Interesting point. I wonder if they even realise that!
whippetwatch
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-02-2009, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by hectorsmum View Post
well i've done and sent my complaint and requested a reply.

will let you know if and when i get it.
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Same here.
and you will each get the usual BBC "brush off" reply.

One reason I don't watch soaps - banality.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2009, 12:31 PM
I cannot stand that programme but I also applaud you Nic for complaining about something you feel passionate about.

Telling someone that they should not be bothered with a trivial issue is not on. Not enough people in this world are passionate about the welfare of animals, or people or anything else for that matter and I think it's great that some people feel the need to speak up about it.

Well done you xx
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2009, 12:34 PM
I do watch Eastenders regularly but a lot of the dog storylines have irritated me too, the Gumbo storyline and the recent Prince one (Suzy's dog), she went shopping one day and came back with a dog - how much thought went into that decision.

Now I know that it is not real life and I'm sure many of the people that watch it have the sense to realise that there is a bit more to breeding a dog than just letting the dogs get on with it and being given £100 a go but I wish they would be more responsible in their storylines and day to day things, a few more dogs in the background actually going for walks would be nice.
Page 3 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »